|Page (1) of 1 - 06/28/10||email article||print page|
Mobile Security Expert Keith Shaw Provides Top Tips for Keeping Information Safe on Mobile DevicesNetworkWorld Senior Editor and Programming Director Weighs in on Mobile Network Safety (June 28, 2010)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 06/28/10 -- There is no question that mobile devices, with their access to countless applications, entertainment and information, are the latest technology craze. This is more than evident in the clamor surrounding the new iPhone 4G.
With the release of these new technologies, the public needs to be educated about the privacy and security risks associated with such devices. As more and more people begin to utilize smart phones and mobile devices with various applications and email and web browsing capabilities, awareness of the associable security risks must increase as well. "The security environment is growing more challenging. There are more devices and applications on the network," Fred Kost, Director of Security Solutions at Cisco, explained.
Unbeknownst to many, mobile device users face the same online threats that laptop and desktop computer users face. Phishing scams, identity theft, malware, and spyware are just as prevalent in the mobile world as they are in the world of home web use.
By interviewing Keith Shaw and tapping into his lengthy experience in technology and digital security, JustAskGemalto hopes to shed light on ways for mobile users to confidently and freely continue to enjoy a digital lifestyle.
Details about JustAskGemalto's Interview with NetworkWorld's Keith Shaw
- Keith Shaw is senior editor and programming director for NetworkWorld, Inc.
- Security risk for mobile devices are exacerbated by ease of loss: 10-15% of mobile devices are lost or stolen
- 83% of US mobile device users are confident that they are secure in using 1 or more apps for their device
- 4.6 Billon or 67% of people worldwide use mobile devices
- 77% of Americans (234 million) people use mobile devices
- JustAskGemalto's interview with Keith Shaw can be viewed on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/JustAskGemalto#p/u/0/kP6OTy8oKYM
- Cisco Beefs Up Mobile Device Security With Updated Firewall Tools; Damon Poeter, CRN
- iPhone iOS 4 Security; George Hulme, InformationWeek
- Mobile Security: Why I still want my iPad, iPhone; Bill Brenner, Computerworld
We use electronic devices on a frequent, if not daily basis -- our PC or Mac, BlackBerry, iPhone, cell phone, epassport, credit card, and employee badge. They bring us freedom and convenience and we depend on these devices to carry and exchange our personal information. Along with this freedom comes the responsibility to safeguard our identity, personal data and financial transactions. www.JustAskGemalto.com answers consumer questions about how to better enjoy the conveniences of the digital world and how to secure one's digital identity and information while surfing, buying, traveling and communicating.
WCG for JustAskGemalto
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Apple, iPhone 4G, mobile security, cell phone security, Cisco, Computers/Peripherals,Home,Internet,Computer,Notebook/Laptop,Tablets,Security,Computers/Home Office,Communications,Digital Audio,Web,Notebooks,Desktops,Apple,Networks,Security,Cell phone,PDA,iPods,iphone,iPad,Applications,Security,EMail,Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire, Inc.,Apple Computer,Financial,Communications Technology,Internet Technology,Entertainment,Email,