|Page (1) of 1 - 03/03/14||email article||print page|
Mobile Money Africa returns to Johannesburg in May as industry focuses on making regional payments workEvent brings together entire spectrum of the industry (March 03, 2014)
Mobile Money and Digital Payments Africa 2014 brings together the entire spectrum of the industry, with retailers, regulators, banks, MNOs, microfinance institutions, donor agencies and NGOs amongst the senior-level mobile money experts attending this market-leading event.
Interoperability in focus
Event Director Emma Pearce says a main discussion point in the industry currently is interoperability, "which is one of the key factors which will enable sector growth for the mobile payments industry. We are also seeing movements from governments spearheading cashless payments, such as the government of Nigeria. Regulators have the ability, through creating changes in fiscal policy and lifting restrictions in e-money regulations, to contribute significantly to the growth of m-payments across Africa."
Different regulatory environments
One of the major challenges for the African payments ecosystem is how to work across disparate regulatory environments. During Mobile Money and Digital Payments Africa, a variety of different stakeholders will come together to discuss moving the ecosystem forward whilst ensuring systems remain compliant with complex regulatory environments. One panel discussion in particular will address ways of overcoming these challenges:
"Working across disparate regulatory environments: Strengthening regulatory regimes to promote safe, inclusive growth"
* Moderator: Richard Ketley, Director and Owner, Genesis Analytics
* Kim Dancey, Strategic Legal Advisor, FNB eWallet Solutions
* Chidi Okpala, Director and Head, Airtel Money Africa, Kenya
* Christopher Chibwana, Private Sector Development Specialist, USAID Malawi
More Mobile Money and Digital Payments Africa programme highlights include:
* Defining the business models which will enable mobility to achieve critical mass
Yolande van Wyk, CEO, eWallet Solutions, First National Bank
* CASE STUDY: Expanding the footprint of MTN Money in Rwanda
Ebenezer Asante, CEO, MTN Rwandacell
* Panel discussion: Exploring the future of money
- Vanesha Palani, Head of Channel Management: Nedbank Digital, Nedbank Ltd
- Naveed Ahmed Choudhury, Head of M-Commerce, Citycell
- George Gacheche, Principle Officer M-PESA, Safaricom
- Moussa Thiemoko Dao, Director, Orange Money Botswana
The exhibition will feature the latest technology and services on offer by leading industry providers, including global giant Ericsson, who are gold sponsors; Telepin Software, Wirecard AG and Panamax.
Event dates and location:
20 May: Workshops
21-22 May: Conference and exhibition
Venue: Hyatt Regency Johannesburg, South Africa.
For interviews and media accreditation:
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Tel. +27 21 700 3558
Fax. +27 21 700 3501
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844
Related Keywords:Mobile Money & Digital Payments Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, conference and expo, Clarion Events, Emma Pearce
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved