|Page (1) of 1 - 07/27/10||email article||print page|
Mobile Loyalty App Checks In With Location-Based ServicesLatest CardStar iPhone App Features Foursquare Check In and Backup and Sync With CardStar Connect (July 27, 2010)
Canton, CT -- (Marketwire) -- 07/27/10 --
- CardStar, the leader in mobile loyalty card applications, today announced the integration of Foursquare in its latest Apple iOS 4-compatible iPhone app release.
- By converging rewards cards and Foursquare within a single application, CardStar makes it easy for users to check in when scanning their cards and deepens customer loyalty by enabling merchants to directly engage with customers through their mobile devices.
- CardStar version 3.0 features a number of upgrades to make life even easier for users:
- Backup & Sync - To eliminate the hassle of reentering card numbers for new phones or syncing across multiple devices, CardStar now offers CardStar Connect; the feature protects user privacy by generating an anonymous user ID and storing card data in the cloud where it can be accessed anytime simply by entering a private PIN.
- Foursquare Check-in Validation - CardStar is the first mobile loyalty app to utilize Foursquare's open API, allowing Foursquare users to check in to locations from CardStar when they use their loyalty cards. CardStar users get a unified mobile commerce experience without having to navigate through multiple apps.
- Favorite Places - Users can enhance CardStar by adding frequent haunts to their favorite places list. The favorite places feature uses geolocation to automatically display a specific loyalty card and lets users easily check in to Foursquare.
- Support for iOS 4 - CardStar boasts the latest operating system's fast app-switching feature and support for high-resolution icons.
- By continuing to incorporate more engaging features such as Foursquare, CardStar is seeking to redefine how customers interact with their favorite merchants and provide a more direct mobile channel for marketers to build deeper relationships with current and prospective customers.
- "It's always been a marketer's dream to influence a consumer before, during and after the shopping experience. The CardStar platform will provide marketers the opportunity to present customers with the right offer at the right time on the right device." - Andy Miller, CardStar CEO
- "The typical CardStar user already launches the app at point-of-sale in retail locations, airports, gyms and libraries. The CardStar integration with Foursquare was the next logical step to deliver a more cohesive mobile experience." - Andy Miller, CardStar CEO
Please contact Kayla Kooyman to arrange an interview.
CardStar Inc. is a privately held software company developing mobile applications that perpetuate the use of loyalty cards and mobile coupons. The CardStar application consolidates membership and rewards cards on smartphones - letting consumers access scannable cards from within a single app and enabling merchants to tailor mobile deals and information to their customers. The company was founded in 2008 and is located in Canton, Conn. For more information, visit www.mycardstar.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Foursquare, iPhone, app, loyalty cards, cardstar, mobile, Computers/Peripherals,Displays,Digital Media Software,Communications,Digital Audio,Smart Phone,iPods,iphone,Marketwire, Inc.,Apple Computer,