|Page (1) of 1 - 07/29/11||email article||print page|
Mobclix Index Dives Into the When, Where and What of App UsageData Indicates That App Engagement Is Highest During the Weekends and Android Platform Takes Market Share Lead in U.S. (July 29, 2011)
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/29/11 --
CORE NEWS FACTS
- Mobclix (www.mobclix.com), a Velti company and the only real-time bidding mobile ad exchange, took a look at app usage across platforms by pulling data from its exchange.
- The index demonstrates what time of day users are most engaged with apps and ads; market share of iOS versus Android across various geographies; and what tools are being used by developers of the top 100 free apps.
- Some of the key findings were as follows:
- iOS and Android users across devices spend the majority of time on apps during late afternoon (4-6 p.m.) and evening (9-11 p.m.).
- Regardless of platform, app users are more engaged with ads in the morning between the hours of 8-11 a.m.
- App usage is highest during the weekends, accounting for 38 percent of overall time spent.
- During the 4th of July weekend, app usage increased by 108 percent with utility apps being the most popular.
- The Android platform holds the highest market share in the U.S., the U.K. and Japan.
- 82 percent of the top 100 free apps use iAd as one of their ad networks.
- Data derived from 120MM unique users seen across 10.5 billion impressions on the Mobclix exchange during the month of June. Exchange reach is calculated from the number of unique devices across the entire Mobclix exchange. Third party SDK data derived from analysis of the top 100 free apps on the iPhone app store as of June 30, 2011.
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM KRISHNA SUBRAMANIAN, MOBCLIX CO-FOUNDER
"App and ad engagement across platforms continues to escalate as the range and capability of apps grows," said Krishna Subramanian, co-founder of Mobclix. "While Apple's iOS and Google's Android platforms both remain the front runners for ad impressions, Android is coming out ahead with it commanding the lead in 3 of the 5 countries we looked at in this study. While traditionally advertisers have placed a lot of focus on iOS these results demonstrate that Android has a compelling offering that is actively engaging users."
Mobclix (www.mobclix.com) is the only real-time bidding mobile ad exchange that connects the best ads with the best apps -- every time. Mobclix was designed exclusively for the mobile market, enabling developers to make the most money possible and giving ad networks access to the most sought-after inventory on the market. Only Mobclix offers everything developers and ad networks need including access to premium apps and publishers, the highest fill rates in the industry, advanced targeting capabilities and one-on-one support.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, Mobclix was founded in September 2008 and is a subsidiary of Velti (LSE/AIM:VEL), a leading global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology. Mobclix was a TechCrunch50 finalist, Seedcamp 2008 winner, two-time AlwaysOn Global Winner and has won the coveted ad:tech Limelight award.
Velti is a leading global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology and solutions that enable brands, advertising agencies, mobile operators and media to implement highly targeted, interactive and measurable campaigns by communicating with and engaging consumers via their mobile devices. The Velti platform, called Velti mGage, allows customers to use mobile and traditional media to reach targeted consumers, engage the consumer through the mobile Internet and applications, convert them into customers and continue to actively manage the relationship through the mobile channel. Velti has the ability to conduct campaigns in over 30 countries and reach more than 2.5 billion global consumers. Velti is a publicly-held corporation based in Jersey, and trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol VELT. For more information, visit www.velti.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1687013
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1687016
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Mobclix, USA, Japan, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Advertising Agencies, Internet Technology, Internet,