|Page (1) of 1 - 11/15/11||email article||print page|
Minted Launches First Art Competition to Enter Art Category; Attracts Well-Known Decor Experts to Judge CompetitionOne Kings Lane to Sell Select Prints Exclusively on Its Leading Flash Sale Home Decor Site (November 15, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/11 -- Minted (www.minted.com), the global design community and e-commerce site, today announced its first-ever Art Print Challenge. Minted has commissioned three prominent design experts to judge and select their favorite pieces, which will be sold on Minted.com alongside those chosen by the Minted community. In addition, One Kings Lane -- the leading flash sales site in the home market -- will sell three pieces selected by One Kings Lane co-founder Alison Pincus, who sits with Mary Jo Bowling, Editor-in-Chief of California Home and Design and Christina Brian, blogger at Full House blog on the Minted celebrity judging panel.
"For the past three years, we have seen many designs from the Minted community that we dreamed of putting on our walls, and now we're making this a reality," said Mariam Naficy, CEO and Founder of Minted. "We're thrilled to tap our proven community to unearth fresh, modern, and unique art prints. The sky is the limit as to what artists can submit -- we encourage creativity in every piece."
Minted is encouraging designers to choose a room or wall anywhere in their home, and design for that space. This can be a child's bedroom, a living room, a studio, or other areas that serve as a muse. The designer will then submit one or more art pieces to decorate the wall they have in mind -- each as a separate submission.
One Kings Lane
Three art prints selected by Pincus will be featured and sold exclusively on One Kings Lane in a special sales event in early 2012. Following the 72-hour sales event on One Kings Lane, the three prints will then be sold on Minted.com along with the rest of the winning prints.
"Knowing that Minted has successfully showcased fantastic paper design from a global design community, One Kings Lane is honored to be part of their first art competition and corresponding sale," said Alison Pincus, co-founder and chief strategy officer of One Kings Lane. "We're ecstatic to provide our members with early access to Minted's brand-new vertical -- art. We always say that art helps to complete a room."
The top-rated works, as voted by the Minted community and guest judges, will receive the following prizes, along with a print of their winning art:
- FIRST PRIZE: $1000 plus a trip to San Francisco for Minted's press event launching art
- SECOND PRIZE: $500 plus a trip to San Francisco for Minted's press event launching art
- THIRD PRIZE: $250
- FOURTH - TWENTIETH PRIZES: $200
Other awards and prizes include:
- The judges award - the panel of judges will each choose their favorite design and Minted will award $500 and a print of the winning design to each designer
- Minted will also award special prizes to individual works, including:
- Rule of Two Award - for the best set of two or more art prints (remember to submit these separately): $750 + a trip to San Francisco for Minted's press event launching art
- Loft Living Award - for the best art print suited to a modern, urban home: $750
- Avant-Garde Award - for the best edgy or boundary pushing art print: $750
- Best art print using only black and white: $500
- Best typography-based art print: $500
- Best art print using only black, white, and one other color: $250
- Editor's Picks Awards - Minted will select at least 20 additional designs for sale as Editor's Picks, with each design receiving a $200 prize. All top placeholders, Editor's Picks, Judges' Picks, and award recipients will earn a commission of 6% of net sales of the products sold, in addition to the cash prizes.
The deadline for challenge submissions is 10am PST, Monday, December 5th, 2011. The Art Challenge guidelines and information can be found at www.minted.com/contest.
Minted sells premium, personalized paper goods to celebrate people's most important life moments -- weddings, the birth of a child, annual holidays -- and to bring beauty to everyday products such as calendars and notebooks. All the designs featured on Minted are chosen by the community. The company holds ongoing competitions, giving designers the opportunity to submit their work. Those voted to the top are sold on the site.
Minted is a venture-backed design community and online store, crowd-sourcing graphic designs and content from a global design community and selling those as premium printed paper products initially focused on the $10 billion stationery, invitations, and cards market.
Minted has radically transformed what consumers now expect in holiday cards, wedding invitations, save the dates, birth announcements, business cards, and other personal stationery. The company's paper and printing is of the highest quality and it leads the market with the freshest designs, newest formats and most coveted details. Minted's fresh, unique designs have been featured on The Today Show and The Early Show, and in Real Simple, Town & Country, InStyle Weddings, Food & Wine and other major national magazines.
Atomic PR for Minted.com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Minted, Marketwire, , Business, Other,