|Page (1) of 1 - 01/24/11||email article||print page|
Mindjet Soars Into 2011 After Celebrating Record 2010Leading Information Visualization Company Grows to Nearly 1.8M Users, Closes Record Q4 Bookings and Appoints Blaine Mathieu as Chief Products Officer to Drive Global Product Offerings (January 24, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/11 -- Mindjet®, the leading provider of software and web-based applications for visually organizing and managing information and ideas, today announced record success in 2010. The year represented the most aggressive launch schedule in the company's history, including introducing five new products and add-ons in the MindManager® suite and ushering in a native-built CRM visualization application -- DealNavigator -- resulting in record sales in Q4 and paid user growth to nearly 1.8M globally. Mindjet also landed impressive customer wins with recognized brands such as BMW®, Cisco® and Dow Chemical®. In the New Year, the company underscored its commitment to outstanding product development with the executive appointment of SaaS and desktop software veteran, Blaine Mathieu as Chief Products Officer, to lead continued product innovation and expansion.
Key Mindjet milestones and 2010 achievements:
- Increased adoption to reach nearly 1.8M total paid users
- Added more than 295K paid users during FY 10, a 94% increase from FY 09
- Increased year-over-year bookings by 21% from FY 09
- Recorded the strongest Q4 sales in the company's history, a 36% bookings increase over Q4 09
- Launched MindManager Version 9 for Windows®, Mindjet Deal Navigator for salesforce.com®, MindManager MapShare, MindManager Explorer for SharePoint® and MindManager 8 for Mac®
- Released MindManager Version 9 for Windows, becoming the essential first stop for Microsoft® Outlook® and Microsoft Office® users who wish to visualize their ideas and create plans, projects and presentations
- Launched Mindjet Deal Navigator for salesforce.com CRM, applying Mindjet visualization capabilities for dramatically-improved enterprise sales planning and account management
- Introduced MindManager MapShare to let users of Microsoft SharePoint easily open, review and interact with MindManager maps through their browsers (with no client software required)
- Expanded MindManager's value through new extension, MindManager Explorer for SharePoint, to let users discover, organize and act on SharePoint tasks and documents
- Amplified the benefits of MindManager for Apple® users with release of MindManager 8 for Mac that provided integration with native software such as iCal®, Address Book and iWork®
- Completed eight additional upgrade and service releases totaling 13 launches during the year
- Solidified product as go-to solution for business professionals, netting key wins at BMW, Cisco, Coca-Cola®, Credit Suisse®, Daimler®, Dow Chemical, Raytheon®, Rolex®, Philips®, salesforce.com and SAP®
- Launched MapsforThat community, an online map sharing site that grew to more than 300 maps with 20,000 members in just four months
- Signed an agreement with Altair® Engineering to make MindManager available through Altair's unique channel to more than 500 new customers
More about Blaine Mathieu:
- Mathieu joins Mindjet as Chief Products Officer and will be responsible for driving product strategy and execution to address the needs of the evolving global mainstream market.
- Previously, Mathieu was the Chief Marketing Officer at Lyris®, an email marketing and marketing automation company. At Lyris, Mathieu launched their initial SaaS offering and helped create the newly-emerging integrated digital marketing space and in two years took it to $19M in recurring revenues. The offering continued to grow at 100% CAGR at the end of his tenure.
- Prior to that, Mathieu served as General Manager and Vice President of Product and Marketing at Corel® Corporation, a diversified software company, where he drove product and market development across a wide range of personal and office productivity solutions targeting enterprise and consumers.
- Mathieu has also held senior management positions at Adobe® Systems Incorporated and Gartner® Group, among other companies.
- Scott Raskin, CEO: "2010 was a remarkable year as the company posted record Q4 bookings and inked impressive enterprise wins and upsells, a testimonial to the tremendous sales effort and the fanatical devotion our users have for Mindjet solutions."
- Scott Raskin, CEO: "I am proud of the entire team and impressed with Mindjet's product marketing and engineering efforts as we smashed our yearly release record with a total of 13 launches."
- Scott Raskin, CEO: "We are extremely pleased to have a person of Blaine's caliber and reputation join the Mindjet executive team. Blaine's experience as a talented product and marketing strategist will be a huge asset in his role as Chief Products Officer, where he will lead the definition and development of Mindjet's innovative productivity solutions."
- Blaine Mathieu, Chief Products Officer: "I'm excited to be working with a management team that has already built a robust business and thriving product line, and look forward to driving this success to even great heights with the new and exciting products that we will deliver in 2011."
- Blaine Mathieu, Chief Products Officer: "Mindjet's outstanding product development and engineering team is 100% focused on meeting the requirements and demands of Mindjet's increasingly mainstream global user base, and I look forward to leading the charge with them into the New Year."
Blaine Mathieu headshot: http://info.mindjet.com/rs/mindjet/images/Blaine_Mathieu_Headshot.jpg
Mindjet Blog: http://blog.mindjet.com/
Mindjet on Facebook®: http://www.facebook.com/mindjet
Mindjet's YouTube® Channel: http://www.youtube.com/mindjet
More Mindjet news: http://www.mindjet.com/media-center/overview
Mindjet provides productivity software that helps business professionals visually organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading software and online services centered on information mapping, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualization technology to improve the usability of leading business applications.
Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's® 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost productivity and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Mindjet, MindManager, and the Mindjet logo are registered trademarks of Mindjet and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Mindjet and any other company.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Mindjet, Sales, Applications, Marketing, CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Management, Sales, Sales, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Business, Marketing, Business Issues, Presentation, Channel/Distribution, Marketing, Mac, OS9, OSX, USA, Marketwire, Business, Browsers, Web-Based Applications, Email, Business Professionals, Other,