|Page (1) of 1 - 05/06/10||email article||print page|
Mindjet Catalyst Boosts Productivity Benefits for Business Users With Microsoft Office and Apple iWork IntegrationSaaS Visual Productivity and Collaboration Solution Adds Key Integrations, Major Performance and Usability Improvements, and Expanded Visual Mapping Features (May 06, 2010)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/07/10 -- Mindjet®, the leading provider of software and cloud-based applications that visually connect ideas, information and people, today announced the release of Mindjet Catalyst 1.2, representing a major leap forward in how people collaborate online using the visualization of information.
Across industries, companies are looking to improve the effectiveness of their top talent, have more productive and collaborative meetings and drive innovation in their business. The visual nature of Mindjet's information and idea mapping application (mind mapping) efficiently captures and organizes complex ideas and processes -- from the big picture down to the smallest details -- in a way that everyone can comprehend. It makes it possible for teams to quickly arrive at a common understanding of any given issue, opportunity or project, and then easily engage with the most relevant information to turn ideas into action.
Mindjet Catalyst offers cloud-based information visualization and collaboration capabilities for users who want the key benefits of mind mapping -- the ability to organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to solve business problems and collaborate more effectively -- anytime, anywhere. Mindjet Catalyst can be accessed as a standalone Web service or as a software-as-a-service complement to MindManager® 8 for Windows.
The latest release of Mindjet Catalyst includes integrations with both the Microsoft® Office and Apple® iWork productivity suites, an improved web conferencing experience that now offers enhanced support for Mac participants, significant performance improvements, and new visual mapping features, help, and tutorials.
"With Mindjet Catalyst 1.2, we offer integrations with the most popular productivity suites, better Web conferencing support, and improved user experience enabling individuals and teams to be even more productive," said Neil Mendelson, Mindjet vice president, products. "With the latest release, users can better visually connect ideas and information in a flexible, intuitive and interactive manner to save time, improve business processes, and drive innovation."
"Mindjet Catalyst has dramatically increased our productivity, enabling us to collaborate much more effectively, especially for meeting management and document sharing," said Doug Stansfield, group manager, client integration services at Lexis-Nexis. "Mindjet Catalyst is a great complement to Mindjet MindManager, giving us the ability to share and co-edit visual information maps anytime, anywhere."
Key Updates in Mindjet Catalyst 1.2 include:
- Integration with Microsoft Office and Apple iWork: Users can convert Mindjet Catalyst maps to Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Word, Apple Pages and Apple Keynote files instantly.
- Improved Mindjet Catalyst Web Conferencing: Mindjet Catalyst Web Conferencing now includes support for Mac users, as well as an Adobe® Flash® client that lets any user join a web conference without downloading software. Windows users now have the ability to invite up to 25 simultaneous attendees and host an unlimited number of Web meetings.
- Faster and simpler Mindjet Catalyst user experience: Mindjet Catalyst now enables users to switch instantly between workspaces they share and maps they collaborate on to brainstorm new ideas in record time. Files can now be copied between workspaces with a few simple clicks.
- Mapping improvements: Map icon markers can now be simply dragged and dropped from the Map Markers menu into Mindjet Catalyst maps. Additionally, working with embedded images has been improved to allow for easy resizing, and new advanced map search helps users instantly find information stored within map topics.
- New, helpful tutorials: A slew of new in-product tutorials help users get up to speed on managing workspaces, working with maps, and collaborating and sharing.
Mindjet Catalyst 1.2 is immediately available to all current users. For a limited time, MindManager 8 for Windows customers can take advantage of promotional pricing and purchase a new annual subscription for a 5-user Catalyst account for only $300 per year.
- Learn more about Mindjet Catalyst at Mindjet.com
- Attend a live demo of Mindjet Catalyst
- View an on-demand demo of Mindjet Catalyst
- Hear what individuals and organizations have to say about Mindjet
- Follow Mindjet on Twitter to learn more:
Mindjet builds industry-leading software and cloud-based applications that help users organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to solve business problems and collaborate more effectively. Mindjet provides productivity applications and collaboration services centered around visual mind mapping capabilities, as well as purpose-built applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualization technology to improve the usability of Microsoft® SharePoint® and salesforce.com® systems. So, whether the challenge is better managing projects, collaborating on a strategic plan, conducting an online meeting, analyzing information across multiple SharePoint sites, or creating sales strategies, Mindjet provides an intuitive visual framework to help users get more done more quickly.
Used by more than 1.5 million professionals around the world in 48 of BusinessWeek's 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions dramatically boost productivity and team effectiveness. Surveys across several industries show that Mindjet can increase productivity by up to 25 percent by making meetings, common communications and project management tasks more efficient and effective. Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products/overview, through salesforce.com AppExchange, and through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Text 100 for Mindjet
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Mindjet, Visualization, Collaboration, SaaS, Web 2.0, Catalyst, MindManager, Web, Mac,OS9,OSX,USA,Marketwire,IT (Information Technology),Productivity Applications,Internet Technology,Business,Web 2.0,