|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/11||email article||print page|
Mezeo Software Announces MezeoCloud 4.0 at SNW Spring 2011MezeoCloud Storage Platform 4.0 Simplifies Installation and Deployment of a Public or Private Storage Cloud (April 04, 2011)
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/11 -- SNW SPRING 2011 - Mezeo Software (www.mezeo.com), a leading provider of deployable cloud storage solutions, today announced the release of MezeoCloud (Version 4.0 of the MezeoCloud Storage Platform). The MezeoCloud 4.0 release, with a simplified and massively scalable architecture, enables enterprises and service providers to quickly implement a REST API based public or private storage cloud.
MezeoCloud 4.0 simplifies installation and deployment of public and private clouds. The new architecture, which features a new meta-data storage technology, provides massive scalability and maintains excellent performance. Multiple storage connectors can be used to customize a storage cloud environment based on performance and cost. Mezeo also announced a new iPad access client and server and desktop backup to the cloud options.
MezeoCloud is a software-only "white label" cloud storage platform that enables IT service providers to quickly enter the market with a competitive, attractively-priced branded cloud storage offering and large enterprises to stand up a private storage cloud behind the firewall.
MezeoCloud v4.0 features:
- Cloud scale architecture: the new architecture offers a simple "plug and play" approach to scaling the solution. Automatic load redistribution allows additional capacity to be added immediately.
- REST Web Services APIs: the MezeoCloud Storage Platform (CSP) API enables advanced services beyond simple "put" and "get" of files; compatibility with applications written for other clouds such as Amazon S3, Google Storage for Developers and Eucalyptus is offered via the Interoperability API.
- Platform and data management: management is available through the SNIA (The Storage Networking Industry Association) CDMI (Cloud Data Management Interface). Integrates with existing provisioning and authentication systems.
- Geo-location and geo-replication: uses policies to define where objects are stored and distribute objects across geographically distributed data networks in support of business continuity initiatives.
- Streamlined installation and deployment: converts any storage hardware to object based cloud storage easily using the new storage connector modules, and optionally enables storage quotas for a user or groups of users.
- Fault tolerant design: simplified architecture distributes meta-data among all nodes in the cluster.
- Additional applications: includes desktop, Web, iPhone, BlackBerry and iPad access clients and server and desktop backup applications.
- End-to-end security: provides SSL encryption for files in flight and optional 256-bit AES for files stored in the cloud.
"This new release represents a maturation of our technology that is in line with the advancements in the marketplace," said Mezeo President and CEO Steve Lesem. "The new architecture represents our commitment and focus on delivering a 'leading edge' product. Our technology enables any organization to stand up an object based storage cloud using their existing infrastructure -- and then customize it using our APIs, access clients and Mezeo Ready partner solutions to enable multiple use cases."
Produced by Computerworld and co-owned by Computerworld and SNIA , SNW focuses on managing information infrastructure and features more than 120 educational sessions and presentations by top IT management experts covering today's most relevant IT topics.
Mezeo will be showcasing their solutions in the SNIA Cloud Pavilion at SNW 2011. SNW runs April 4th through April 7th in Santa Clara, California.
Follow Mezeo on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mezeo.
About Mezeo Software
Mezeo is the industry's leading provider of a deployable platform for cloud storage. Service-enabled, the MezeoCloud platform is easy to deploy, multi-tenant, highly scalable and secure, with an Interoperability API for platform extensibility. With Mezeo, IT service providers can rapidly monetize Storage as a Service with a branded offering, and large enterprises can implement a private cloud behind the firewall. Mezeo offers white label clients for the desktop, Web, iPad, BlackBerry® and iPhone. Mezeo was noted in CRN's list of the Top 20 Cloud Storage Vendors of 2011 and the Top 25 Coolest Emerging Vendors of 2010 and 2009. For more information, visit www.mezeo.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: cloud storage, Mezeo, cloud computing, private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud, Applications, Storage, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Cloud Computing, Services, Software, Misc, Backup, Networks, Server Hardware, Server Computers, Architecture, Internet Server Applications, Web Services, Web Servers, IT Management, infrastructure, Public cloud, Cloud storage, Management, CEO/CFO, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Data Management, Business, Standards/Initiatives, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketwire, AES Attendees, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Other,