|Page (1) of 1 - 04/18/12||email article||print page|
MediaCom Named Festival of Media's Global Network of the Year 2012Agency Wins Six Awards, Including Campaign of the Year (April 18, 2012)
MONTREUX, SWITZERLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 04/18/12 -- MediaCom has been named Network of the Year at the 2012 Global Festival of Media Awards held in Montreux, Switzerland. MediaCom's work for Norway's Anti-Racism Centre has also been named Campaign of the Year.
MediaCom's domination preceded last night's festivities, as the agency had been shortlisted for 27 entries across 14 categories, more than any other agency network. The Global Festival of Media Awards recognizes the most innovative and effective media work from around the world.
MediaCom was previously named Agency Network of the Year at the Global Festival of Media in 2010, and was Agency Network of the Year for three consecutive years at the M&M Awards from 2009 to 2011 -- an industry first.
"I'm pleased, but not surprised, that MediaCom had such an incredible performance at the Festival of Media Awards," said Harvey Goldhersz, Worldwide COO and North American CEO for MediaCom. "In the U.S., in particular, we received six shortlists for campaigns for Canon, Dell and Volkswagen, and the Canon work was highly commended in the Best Use of Content category. We share this celebration with all of our terrific clients."
Sasha Savic, CEO of MediaCom USA, said, "The Festival of Media Awards are among the most competitive, and it's no easy feat to win Network of the Year. I've joined MediaCom at such an exciting time for the agency, and this achievement clearly represents our commitment to our clients."
MediaCom's full list of winners is as follows:
- Campaign of the Year: Tea Time - Muslims, Your Nice Neighbour Next Door, Anti-Racism Centre, MediaCom Norway
- Best Communications Strategy: Tea Time - Muslims, Your Nice Neighbour Next Door, Anti-Racism Centre, MediaCom Norway
- Best Experiential Campaign: Danger! Dog Poop, The Coalition for Mine Free Israel, MediaCom Israel
- Best Targeted Campaign: NERF Office War, Hasbro, MediaCom Germany
- Best Effectiveness: Polident Bridges the Generation Gap, GSK, MediaCom China
- Best Public Service Campaign: Tea Time - Muslims, Your Nice Neighbour Next Door, Anti-Racism Centre, MediaCom Norway
The agency is also highly commended for the following campaigns:
- Best Experiential Campaign: Dulux Let's Colour, AkzoNobel, MediaCom International
- Best Targeted Campaign: Polident Bridges the Generation Gap, GSK, MediaCom China
- Best Use of Content: Project Imagin8ion, Canon, MediaCom USA
- Best Public Service Campaign: Danger! Dog Poop, The Coalition for Mine Free Israel, MediaCom Israel
MediaCom is one of the world's largest Media Communication Specialists, with billings exceeding US$23 billion (Source: RECMA) and 116 offices in 89 countries around the globe. Our "People first, better results" philosophy drives our strategy and reflects our belief that putting People -- employees, clients and consumers -- at the core of our business leads to optimum business results. The MediaCom family of companies includes such leaders in their fields as: MediaCom Interaction, our global digital and interactive marketing agency, with future-forward proprietary technology that works to grow clients' businesses; MediaCom Direct, our direct response experts, creating close, measured connections with consumers; MediaCom Entertainment & Sports Partnerships (ESP), our strategic consultancy specializing in helping brands engage consumers through their passion points; and MediaCom Business Science, focused on helping clients achieve maximum sales return. MediaCom Worldwide is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and is a part of GroupM, WPP's media agency group, which is the largest worldwide. For more information, visit www.mediacom.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: media buying, media planning, media campaigns, media industry, media awards , Germany, Switzerland, USA, China, Israel, Marketwire, , Sports, Business, Entertainment, Science, Sports, china, Family, Other,