|Page (1) of 1 - 07/18/01||email article||print page|
Media Drive Unveils CrossMediator for Video 2.0 for Macintosh(July 18, 2001)
CrossMediator for Video is a multimedia platform which supports and manages data of different media types including video, still image, sound, and text in a consistent manner.
CrossMediator for Video 1.0, announced last year, has been the first product in the world that delivers capability of video search by voice on a personal computer. The new version will offer the following features on Mac OS X.
* Controls with appearance of a VCR deck, e.g. HDD's and DVD-R's will look like videocassette tapes.
* Viewers for all media types that are supported by QuickTime.
* Search for scenes by sound, voice, text, still image, and a video clip.
* Automatic detection of changes between scenes and division into clips
* Options to add a keyword to a scene for additional search capability
* Manipulation of files of different media types in a consistent manner
* Support for multi-user environment on Mac OS X.
* Options to launch helper applications.
CrossMediator for Video uses the fast voice reference technology, which is based on the result of research by RWCP (Real World Computing Partnership) project of METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and industry) of Japan.
Pricing and Availability
CrossMediator for Video 1.0, which is available now directly from Media Drive Corp. for JPY29,800, supports Japanese language and runs on Japanese Mac OS 9. The new version CrossMediator for Video 2.0, which will be built for Mac OS X, will be available by the end of this summer in Japan and support Japanese language.
The English version of CrossMediator for Video 2.0, which will be built for Mac OS X and support English language, will be available by Autumn.
For more information, visit www.mediadrive.co.jp
Related Keywords:video, asset management, facilities
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved