|Page (1) of 1 - 03/26/03||email article||print page|
Media 100 To Show Media 100iHDSub-$10,000 HD NLE to incorporate HDX Technology
Media 100iHD will incorporate new HDX Technology, which features 10-bit uncompressed HD and SD I/O and real-time format conversion between any HD and SD formats. It includes a high-density HDX PCI card supporting 10-bit uncompressed input and output of all the HD and SD digital television formats, including 1080p/30/29.97/25/24/23.976 (SMPTE 274M); 1080i/30/29.97/25/24/23.976 (SMPTE 274M); 720p/60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.976 (SMPTE 296M); 1035i/30/29.97 (SMPTE 260M); 525/60 (NTSC - SMPTE 259M); and 625/50 (PAL - SMPTE 259M).
The system is built around Media 100 i software for Mac OS X and includes:
- DirectEdit, providing access to most system functions directly and easily from the timeline;
- InstantMedia for compatibility with any QuickTime application;
- Adobe After Effects integration;
- Native-YUV color correction;
- Real-time audio EQ, reverb and dynamics processing on up to 24 tracks of audio;
- Direct timeline access to Boris character generation and video effects processing;
- Real-time motion-adaptive de-interlacing with edge detection;
- Real-time 3:2 pulldown processing;
- Real-time cropping, scaling and letterboxing.
Media 100 says it expects the first shipments of Media 100 iHD to start before the end of 2003 for $9,995 for the hardware and software. A complete system, including a workstation and high-speed media storage, is expected to start at $20,000. Media 100 says it will also be taking a formal survey at the NAB convention to get input from editors about features they'd like to see incorporated into the system. For more information, visit http://www.media100.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Media 100 To Show Media 100iHD