|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/10||email article||print page|
Media 100 Suite Version 1.5 Now AvailableExpanded Codec Support, New Workflow Features, and Improved Media Management (February 22, 2010)
DMN Newswire--2010-2-22-- Media 100, a leading provider of advanced editing systems for the corporate, broadcast, postproduction, and new media industries, today announced that Media 100 Suite Version 1.5 is now available. Version 1.5 includes the ability to create, save, and export presets, improved media management capabilities, AVCHD import, and support for Apple's ProRes 4444, LT, and Proxy codecs.
"Media 100 Suite Version 1.5 continues our ongoing commitment to broadening codec support and enhancing workflow for Media 100's loyal customer base," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "AVCHD import, expanded P2 and ProRes support, and new workflow features make this release a must-have upgrade."
Media 100 Suite Version 1.5 New Feature Highlights
- Export Presets: A new Preference Pane lets Media 100 editors create and save multiple presets for exporting Programs.
- Batch Export Queue: Programs can be added to the Batch Export Queue window where Export Presets can be applied. Any combination of Programs can be exported using any number of Export Presets.
- Collect Files: Collect Files is a simple command to quickly collect the active Program, Bin, or all Programs and Bins in the active Project along with all associated media files in one place.
- AVCHD Import using ClipWrap: Choosing "Import AVCHD..." from the File menu launches ClipWrap, an optional third-party application. Users can then choose AVCHD files which are rewrapped to be QuickTime-friendly and imported into Media 100 Suite.
- Panasonic P2 "PN" Frame Rate Support: Users can now import and edit P2 footage shot at 720PN/24, 720PN/25, and 720PN/30.
- Support for ProRes 4444, LT, and Proxy Codecs: Users can now Acquire, Import, Render, and Export to the full range of ProRes codecs from Apple.
- Refined MultiCam Workflow: Several features have been added to Media 100 Suite's MultiClip Editing feature, making it faster and more powerful than ever before - especially when working on large projects with multiple MultiClips.
Media 100 Suite supports AJA's KONA 3X/3, KONA LH/LHe, KONA LHi, and KONA LS/LSe video I/O hardware; the Matrox MXO2 family of I/O devices; Blackmagic Design's Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI, DeckLink Studio, and DeckLink HD Extreme video I/O hardware; and the Media 100 HDx. FireWire I/O and Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM import are also supported.
Media 100 Suite supports Intel and PowerPC-based Macs.
Pricing and Availability
Media 100 Suite Version 1.5 is immediately available through the Media 100 worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Media 100 web site for an MSRP of $1,295 USD. Customers can upgrade to Media 100 Suite Version 1.5 from Media 100 Version 10 and higher, including Media 100 Producer and Media 100 Suite Version 1, for an MSRP of $595 USD. Media 100 Platinum Software Updates is available for an MSRP of $895 USD and provides one year of software upgrades.
About Media 100
Media 100, a division of Boris FX, is a leading provider of advanced editing systems for the corporate, broadcast, post production, and new media industries. The company's flagship product, Media 100 Suite, features the industry's most intuitive and easy-to-learn video editing interface. For more information, visit www.media100.com
Related Keywords:Media 100, video editing, NLE, ProRes, Media 100 Suite, Boris FX