|Page (1) of 1 - 12/14/04||email article||print page|
Media 100 Releases Media 100 HD For The Mac10-Bit editing system enables mixing of multiple formats in same timeline (December 14, 2004)
Media 100, a unit of Optibase and a leading provider of advanced media systems, today released the highly anticipated Media 100 HD for the Mac. The 10-bit uncompressed SD and HD editing system is the first cost-effective solution that deals with the reality that, for the next few years, editors will need to work in both SD and HD and even mix SD and HD content in the same programs. It is the only system in its price class that enables:
* Mixing SD and HD media in the same timeline;
* Mixing 4:3 and 16:9 aspect-ratio media in the same timeline;
* Mixing uncompressed and compressed media in the same timeline;
* Mixing M-JPEG, DV, Animation, and other QuickTime codecs in the same timeline in real time without lengthy importing or rendering;
* Mixing analog and digital video in the same timeline;
* Viewing SD and HD output simultaneously regardless of source material. In addition, Media 100 HD is shipping with all-new Media 100 Version 10 software, the companys biggest Mac-based release that advances Media 100 HD with many high-value features including:
* An extensible timeline with up to 99 video tracks;
* A software codec with support for real-time full motion alpha channels;
* Keyframable clip-based opacity controls directly in the timeline;
* Accurate, intuitive, real-time RGB color correction;
* Advanced RGB, YUV, HSL real-time keyer with softness and offset controls.
Magic Eye, a post house based in Cologne, Germany, was so impressed with the results of their Media 100 HD beta testing that they purchased five new Media 100 HD systems to upgrade the companys existing Media 100 i workflow. ?I am really impressed with what Media 100 has brought into Media 100 HD and the new Version 10 software release, said Florian Peters, co-founder of Magic Eye. ?The combination will be a great improvement to our overall workflow and will speed up many everyday tasks dramatically, starting with faster rendering of effects in the timeline, using the additional video tracks for multi-cam work, and being able to easily handle HD projects with our workstations.
Availability and Pricing
Media 100 HD is available now for immediate purchase. Pricing for complete Media 100 HD system configurations is available from Media 100s channel of resellers and will depend upon SD and HD editing requirements and the amount of high-speed media storage required. Special customer-loyalty pricing exists for all current Media 100 customers interested in moving to Media 100 HD. For more information on Media 100 HD, please call (800) 773-1770 or visit the Media 100 website at www.media100.com.
Optibase, Ltd. (NASDAQ: OBAS) provides professional editing, compositing, encoding, decoding, video server upload and streaming solutions for telecom operators, service providers, broadcasters and content creators. The companys platforms enable the creation, broadband streaming and playback of high quality digital video. Optibases breadth of product offerings are used in applications such as: video over DSL/Fiber networks, post production for the broadcast and cables industries, archiving; high-end surveillance, distance learning; and business television. Headquartered in Israel, Optibase operates through its fully owned subsidiary in Mountain View, California and offices in Massachusetts, Europe, Japan and China. Optibase products are marketed in over 40 countries through a combination of direct sales, independent distributors, system integrators and OEM partners.
For further information, please visit www.optibase.com.
Related Keywords:Media 100, Media 100 HD, editing, Optibase, timeline, olor correction, keyer, Magic Eye, Florian Peters,