|Page (1) of 1 - 04/02/03||email article||print page|
Media 100 Announces Media 100 i 8.2 UpdateNew version to include real-time composite previews
Media 100 i V8 is a Mac OS X-based NLE available in a variety of hardware configurations. Version 8.2 will add a number of new features, including new source/record editing using dual subsampler windows, allowing the user to view the video of the source
clip and the recorded clip simultaneously. The two subsampler windows, according to Media 100, can be docked together either vertically or horizontally depending on the editor's preference. Other new features include:
- Real-time composite previews, which allow editors to composite a single frame of all video, effects and graphics layers when the CTI (Current Time Indicator) is stationary;
- 844/X integration, including expanded Powerlog features;
- New media management
features, including project window folders; clip-based attribute editing; media management tool bars in the bin, project and timeline windows;
- Media online/offline bin indicator;
- Batch digitize expansion;
- Estimated time remaining indicators in the progress dialog windows;
- Audio clipping indicator reset;
- Single keystroke cycling of windows ;
- Export chapter marks to iDVD.
Media 100 i 8.2 is expected to be available in the third quarter. Those who purchase a system now will be eligible for a free update when it becomes available. Current system pricing ranges from $1,995 to $14,995 for Media 100 software and hardware. For more information, visit http://www.media100.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Media 100 Announces Media 100 i 8.2 Update