|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
Medecision "Breaks the Chains" of Traditional Care ManagementLeading Partner in Healthcare Business Transformation Unveils Aerial Solutions and Services at AHIP Institute 2012 (June 20, 2012)
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 -- Booth 1138 -- Medecision, Inc., the leading provider of healthcare management solutions, today announced Aerial, a suite of end-to-end care management solutions and services built on the company's 23 years of experience, at America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Institute 2012. Aerial strengthens Medecision's already proven role as a strategic business transformation partner to healthcare organizations and meets the national imperative for better, lower cost care by taking a proactive approach to health management and bridging the traditional data gap between payers, providers and consumers.
Combining Medecision's latest innovative technology and deep healthcare expertise, Aerial provides the foundation for healthcare organizations to manage care and chronic disease, collaborate more effectively with partners, engage consumers, and confidently take on new risk and new populations. Aerial is based on state-of-the-art open architecture (including new Saas and cloud-based delivery models), deep evidence-based medical protocols connected to powerful workflow and connectivity solutions, and has a proven track record of rapid, yet highly-configurable implementation with cost-effective support.
"In an environment where healthcare costs are skyrocketing and government direction is shifting, healthcare organizations are required to break the chains of antiquated approaches to risk and care management, and Aerial is the great liberator," said Deborah M. Gage, president and CEO of Medecision. "Far more than a software product or workflow system, Aerial represents a significant expansion of our market-leading care management solutions -- a comprehensive set of scalable solutions and services on the leading edge of technology, clinical practice and engagement -- designed to enable healthcare transformation, liberating stakeholders to achieve the goal of better, lower-cost healthcare for all of us."
Aerial enables a connected, data-driven approach, with an emphasis on identifying and addressing opportunities for proactive intervention to address three key challenges in this quest:
- Improving outcomes. Chronic diseases account for $3 of every $4 spent on healthcare today.(i) Backed by clinical data, Aerial helps tackle the problem by building an environment for proactive, wellness-based care that helps safeguard against chronic disease development. The solutions enable a complete member view, real-time connected care for providers, improved outcomes, and lower costs.
- Improving the care delivery experience. Today's antiquated, manual referral and authorization processes are time consuming and costly. Aerial automates referrals and authorizations to an average 60% auto-approval rate, as well as significant administrative time and cost savings. It all adds up to a better, more streamlined and efficient care experience.
- Driving down costs. Nearly 30% of the annual US healthcare spend is on unnecessary treatments. By 2015, this is expected to rise to $1 trillion unless effective steps are taken now.(ii) With aggregated data and clinical intelligence to deliver insight into a complete member view, the Aerial solutions are helping reduce unnecessary treatments, extra costs for duplicate imaging, and a range of other redundant processes that add flab to what should be a streamlined, efficient healthcare system.
Each Aerial solution features a comprehensive framework of data aggregation, integrated analytics, consumer and provider engagement, exchange of pertinent information, and outcome reporting capabilities. Components include:
- Aerial Essential Care Management - the most comprehensive and robust health plan care management platform available... at the lowest cost
- Aerial Extended Care Management - the platform to transform health plan business to value-based care through extended and advanced analytics, provider engagement, integration, and customization
- Aerial for Value-based Healthcare - the tools healthcare providers need to transition to value-based care delivery, offering real-time data processing and clinical programs adapted to physician's workflow tools
Aerial solutions are accredited, certified and backed by evidence-based medical protocols with superior clinical intelligence to drive simplistic and swift access to meaningful information. Health plan care managers and physician-based care coordinators can do their jobs better and positively impact the cost and quality of today's healthcare delivery and processes.
"Medecision pioneered care management solutions more than twenty years ago to support better decisions about member health," said John McGahey, executive vice president and chief revenue officer for Medecision. "Today, we move toward liberating cost and care. With Aerial, we enable all healthcare stakeholders to work together in concert to melt the walls that currently prohibit meaningful exchange of information. The result is better targeted, more proactive, less haphazard care. At last, healthcare organizations can achieve the triple aim of improving outcomes, improving the care delivery experience, and driving down costs."
At AHIP Institute 2012, Medecision will feature Aerial demos, presentations and success stories, showcasing how the solution works for healthcare partners to transform their businesses. For more information on Medecision at AHIP Institute 2012, or to learn about its full range of health management solutions and services, please visit http://www.Medecision.com.
Medecision is the leading provider of healthcare management solutions serving national, regional and local health plans, insurers and provider-based care organizations, more than 74,000 physicians and 44 million consumers. Working within the framework that patients, care providers and health plans are all driving towards better health outcomes, Medecision and its Aerial solutions help connect all stakeholders to liberate the highest quality and most cost-efficient care.
As more organizations transition to value-based care, Medecision continually applies its 23 years of experience, its comprehensive technology platforms, significant investments in research and development, and the strongest clinical expertise to ensure consumers receive the best possible care. With Medecision as a business partner, health plans and care providers confidently manage through market changes, regulatory updates and new populations, while improving quality and reducing costs.
Medecision is a trademark of Medecision, Inc. The Medecision logo and product names are also trademarks or registered trademarks of Medecision, Inc. Other product and brand names are trademarks of their respective owners.
(i) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Chronic Disease Overview: Costs of Chronic Disease. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/overview.htm.
(ii) Maggie Mahar, "The State of the Nation's Health" Dartmouth Medicine (Spring 2007).
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: health management software, disease management, care management, utilization management, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketwire, Inc., Medicine, Disease, Insurance, healthcare, Surgery, Medication, Insurance Companies, Internet Technology, Medical, Business, Other,