News: Page (1) of 1 - 04/24/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at page facebook

Md. fire officials: 5 dead from carbon monoxide

Md. fire officials: 5 dead from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Washington suburb By The Associated Press

OXON HILL, Md. (AP) ' Five people are dead in a Maryland suburb of Washington of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Prince George's County fire spokesman Mark Brady says the five people were found Tuesday inside a home in Oxon Hill.

Two of the people were found by a family member who showed up at the house to check on the occupants' welfare. Firefighters responded and found three additional bodies.

Brady says firefighters detected extraordinarily high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. He says a normal carbon monoxide reading is 0 to 5 parts per million; the reading taken at the one-story Oxon Hill home was 550 parts per million.

Page: 1

Related Keywords:Carbon Monoxide Deaths,Environmental health,Public health,Health,Poisoning,Diseases and conditions


Our Privacy Policy --- @ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved