|Page (1) of 1 - 08/22/02||email article||print page|
McQ Updates Cutter to 2.1Cuts-only edit controller gains functionality with Mac-based Avid and Media 100 systems
Cutter 2.1 can perform interformat editing, including downconverting from 24p to 30i, upconverting 30i to 24p and standard NTSC, PAL and 24-FPS tape to tape editing. It works with any broadcast or professional video machine with RS-422 control capability and with Macintosh computers with either built-in Modem/Printer ports or PCI RS-422 cards running Mac OS 8.1 through 9.2.x.
Other new features in version 2.1 include:
- Support for multiple serial ports using PCI serial port cards
- Option-Mark In/Out to mark both source and record with selected VTR's TC
- Option-channel click to rescan VTRs
- Sorting during EDL import, and Sort command in List menu
- Improved synchronization
- Five-frame auto-trim option for 24p source machines with 30i record
- Support for Avid Log file export, including when editing 24p to 30i, with pullin notation
- Export lists to Media 100 PowerLog format from any qualified Mac
- Complete interface redesign.
For registered owners of Cutter 2.0.x, the 2.1 update is free. The full version runs $595, with significant discounts for additional seats. For more information, visit http://www.mcqpro.com/html/Cutter.html.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:McQ Updates Cutter to 2.1 Cuts-only edit controller gains functionality with Mac-based Avid and Media 100 systems
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved