|Page (1) of 1 - 02/19/12||email article||print page|
McCann E-Investigations Houston Computer Forensics Division Releases Follow Up Article - More Ways to Hide Digital Affairs(February 19, 2012)
Houston, TX (PRWEB) February 19, 2012
McCann E-Investigations (McCann EI) Houston Computer Forensics Division announces publication of article More Ways to Hide a Digital Affair . This article is the second in a series that bring to light the different ways in which the digital evidence of an affair can be hidden. Smart phones are often the key device used in communications between an unfaithful spouse or significant other and the "other" man/woman. In the past, eye-witness accounts and photographs (often obtained by private investigators) were often the primary evidence obtained of an affair. In this digital world, much of the evidence is stored in hard drives on computers, laptops and especially on smart phones. The cheater has to be careful to erase the digital footprint of the affair if they dont want to get caught.
With the right knowledge and tools, the digital evidence of an affair can be discovered. said Dan Weiss, Partner at McCann E-Investigations. Even if the data has been deleted, it is often recoverable. If the data is password protected, often the passwords can be cracked. Continued Weiss.
10 more ways in which to hide the digital evidence of an affair:
1. Always use a passcode! This is a given!
2. Set passcode to a minimal amount of time to lock phone automatically.
3. Set iPhone passcode to "complex" code. The default 4 digit can be easily guessed.
4. Set iPhone security to wipe phone after 10 incorrect attempts. Preventing data from falling into the wrong hands.
5. Use a third party privacy browser. (with password protection) Many available in App store.
6. Dont save or have their iPhone remember passwords, email address, login names, or any other sensitive information.
7. Use 3rd party password protected app for SMS / text messages.
8. Set up "Find My iPhone". This will help you locate a lost or stolen phone. With this service you can also wipe you phone remotely preventing evidence of your dalliances from falling into the wrong hands.
9. Never jailbreak phone. Jailbreaking allows for malicious software to be loaded onto your phone. Possibly recording information without you knowing it.
10. Don't let iPhone remember wireless pass codes. This information could be used to gain access to personal or company wifi networks.
About McCann EI:
Twitter: @McCannEI or https://twitter.com/#!/McCannEI
Call us toll-free at 800-713-7670
About McCann EI: McCann EI's Texas-based digital forensics team provides a one stop solution for your Electronically Stored Information (ESI) investigative needs. McCann EI's computer forensics, digital forensics, mobile forensics, and electronic discovery investigators serve law firms, private industry, and government with the same dedication and expertise that has had clients turning to McCann for over 25 years.
Regardless whether your ESI is trapped in personal, corporate, mobile, or network drives, McCann EI's computer forensics team is experienced in electronic discovery and recovering your digital files. Our investigators have the experience to provide expert witness computer forensic testimony in courts across Texas. McCann EI services Companies, Law Firms, and Individuals Statewide. Call us toll-free at 800-713-7670 or our Local Offices Austin Computer Forensics: 512-377-6142 Houston Computer Forensics: 832-628-4904 Dallas Computer Forensics: 214-329-9059 Lubbock Computer Forensics: 806-589-0320 Lufkin Computer Forensics: 936-585-4070 Brownsville Computer Forensics: 956-465-0849
Malisa Vincenti, Marketing Manager
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/McCann-EI-02-2012/digital-evidence-affair/prweb9208882.htm.
Related Keywords:crime, law and justice,law enforcement,international law,legal service,fishing industry,energy and resource,alternative energy,oil and gas - downstream activities,oil and gas - upstream activities,energy (general),energy,cinema industry,radio industry,television industry,music industry,process industry,renewable energy,energy saving,energy resources,computing and information technology,satellite technology,wireless technology,science and technology,technology (general),identification technology,agricultural research and technology,computing and information technology,satellite technology,