|Page (1) of 1 - 07/31/03||email article||print page|
Maxon Releases BodyPaint 2New version supports projection painting on 3D geometry
BodyPaint 2 is a 3D texturing and painting suite with direct support for Cinema 4D, Maya, 3ds max and LightWave. I had a chance to see the software at the Siggraph convention in San Diego, Calif. this week, and the new version offers several important enhancements to the workflow, toolset and performance of BodyPaint. These include high-speed projection painting with support for multiple materials, copying and pasting and layers. It also includes a new Painting Wizard with support for multiple materials, automatic map size interpolation and automatic creation of UVs. Other new features include:
- Improved overall speed;
- Full OpenGL support;
- Higher shading precision with bilinear interpolation for textures;
- ew menu structure;
- Dodge, Burn and Spronge Tools;
- Smear tool as separate tool;
- New Color Chooser with additional display modes and a mixing area;
- Support for Photoshop filters (including all filters build on the Photoshop Plugin API);
- Gradient tool;
- Real-time dynamic brush preview;
- Painting on multiple materials;
- Enhanced Material manager with full layer control and channel display;
- Active Tool manager;
- New UV management;
- Relax UV tool;
- Support for embedded TIFFs;
- UV realign tool;
- New UV tools, including Terrace, Shrink/Grow Selection, Select Connected, Max UV and Fit UV to Canvas;
- Asynchronous UV mapping dialog;
- UV autoloading;
- Quicklight manager;
- Material assignment display;
- User-defined menu sets;
- Transform tool with real-time update, selection and layer masks and texture flipping.
There are dozens of other improvements as well in the new version, which you can find listed at Maxon's Web site.
BodyPaint 2 is available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows for $695 ($745 with printed reference manual) as a standalone application or module for Cinema 4D. Upgrade pricing is also available. For more information, visit http://www.maxoncomputer.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Maxon Releases BodyPaint 2
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved