|Page (1) of 1 - 08/30/11||email article||print page|
Matrox and PROMISE Technology, Inc. Showcase High-Performance Video Editing Workflow Featuring Thunderbolt Technology at IBC(August 30, 2011)
Developed by Intel(R) and brought to market with collaboration from Apple, Thunderbolt technology is a high-speed I/O technology running at 10 gigabits per second that brings together high-speed data transfer and high-definition (HD) display on to a single cable. Matrox MXO2 devices provide broadcast-quality video and audio capture, monitoring, output, and H.264 encoding for use with leading editing and content creation applications. The PROMISE Pegasus R6 is a 6-bay hardware RAID storage solution designed to unleash the raw power of Thunderbolt technology.
"The combination of the lightning fast performance of our Pegasus R6 with the professional monitoring capability of Matrox MXO2 devices gives video professionals the unprecedented ability to playback multi-layer uncompressed HD projects and see their work on SDI, analog, and HDMI monitors, in full resolution, without dropping frames," said Alice Chang, CMO, at PROMISE Technology.
"PROMISE Technology has developed a truly exceptional range of storage units. Editing of uncompressed footage is now a reality on a whole new class of computers, all of which can take advantage of Matrox MXO2 devices for I/O, professional monitoring, and lightning fast H.264 encoding," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. "Our original vision for the Matrox MXO2 product line, to bring audio/video connectivity and encoding functionality outside the computer, is paying off for our customers who can simply purchase a Matrox Thunderbolt adapter to future-proof their editing systems."
Live demonstrations of the complete Thunderbolt technology-enabled editing workflow will be featured on the Matrox stand 7.B29 and the PROMISE stand 9.A33 at IBC2011.
Key Features of Matrox MXO2 Family
- Convenient form factors for use in studio, on set, in the field, and in OB vans
- Works with laptops and desktop systems
- Connects via Thunderbolt technology to 13", 15", and 17" MacBook(R) Pro, Mac Mini, and iMac
- Connects via PCIe ExpressCard/34
- Broadcast quality HD/SD video and audio input/output
- Extensive application support including Adobe(R) Creative Suite(R) 5.5 Production Premium, Apple Final Cut Studio(R), and Avid(R) Media Composer(R)
- 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with the unique Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
- Matrox MAX option for lightning fast H.264 encoding
Pegasus Product Highlights
- Blistering Performance, Unparalleled Flexibility for Mac(R) Professionals and Artists - With over 800 MB/s of performance, amateur professionals, audio engineers, photographers, and video post-production engineers benefit from the extreme performance of Pegasus with Thunderbolt technology.
- Easy to Use and Easy to Manage - Pegasus comes preconfigured out of the box for fast, easy set-up to store music, photos, videos, and documents or ingest and edit production video. Managing Pegasus is effortless with a new -- made for Mac OS X management software.
- Storage for the Digital Home - With two channels of bi-directional 10 Gb/s performance, Thunderbolt technology enables backups to happen while editing of videos or playlists is taking place. Pegasus provides massive storage space and fast performance.
- Ultra Quiet and Eco-Smart - Pegasus is RoHS compliant; in simple terms Pegasus is eco-friendly, keeping harmful lead out of the environment and our delicate ecosystems.
Price and availability
The full range of Thunderbolt technology enabled Matrox MXO2 devices will be available from authorized dealers worldwide in September 2011 at prices starting from $549 U.S. (£411, €469), not including local taxes. Matrox Thunderbolt adapters for all MXO2 devices can be purchased as an add-on at $199 U.S. (£142, €170).
# # #
About PROMISE Technology, Inc.
PROMISE Technology, a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions to the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt devices, develops and manufactures sophisticated RAID storage solutions recognized worldwide, ranging from a complete line of RAID controller cards to FC/iSCSI/SAS/SATA RAID subsystems. Catering to enterprise, mid-range, entry-level and consumer data protection needs, PROMISE products are distinguished by their Unified Common RAID Core and management software and unparalleled support. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., PROMISE has operations throughout Asia and Europe. For more information, visit PROMISE Technology's website at www.promise.com.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox Convert is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Related Keywords:Matrox, IBC2011, PROMISE Technology