|Page (1) of 1 - 01/03/02||email article||print page|
Matrox Extends Free PRO Pack offer for RT2500 Realtime Editing Platform(January 03, 2002)
"Customer response to our special PRO Pack promotion has been very positive," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox director of worldwide channel sales. "We are pleased to extend this offer to allow even more users to take advantage of an entire set of important productivity tools absolutely free of charge."
Price and availability
Priced at $899 US in North America, Matrox RT2500 is available through Matrox authorized resellers worldwide. The PRO Pack software, a $99 value, will be bundled with RT2500 at no charge until February 28, 2002.
Matrox RT2500 PRO Pack Features
· The WYSIWYG plug-in lets users see their work directly on a broadcast video monitor from within Adobe After Effects so they can ensure proper 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio in NTSC or PAL and check for exact color temperature, safe-title area, and any interlaced artifacts that may be present in their images.
· The Matrox MediaExport application speeds up web video creation by providing hardware-assisted simultaneous batch encoding of Windows Media and RealMedia streaming formats with multiple resolutions, bit rates, and frame rates.
· The Matrox blur effect lets users simulate camera defocus or create unique fader effects in real time. Graphic clips can be attenuated with a specific color during a blur to create a subtle halo effect. The blur intensity is keyframeable so it can be adjusted over time. Clips that are blurred can also be positioned, rotated, or sized in any dimension and cropped simultaneously.
· With the new Matrox mask effect, any 8-bit gradient TGA image can be used to create a cutout shape that's textured with video. The mask, combined with the realtime DVE engine, can be used to create stunning effects such as colored spotlights, soft-edged frames, or flying video logos in real time. A realtime shadow that can be positioned anywhere in 3D space can also be applied to the mask.
· More keyframeable settings give users a new level of creative freedom when working with the extensive array of 2D and 3D effects available in the RT2500/RT2000 effects library.
Matrox RT2500 is a low-cost realtime editing platform designed for corporate communicators, event videographers, and hobbyists. It includes all the tools needed to easily capture analog and digital video from a variety of sources, edit projects in real time with broadcast-quality titles and 3D effects, then deliver to tape, DVD, CD, and the web.
For more information, visit www.matrox.com/videoweb/news/press/pr/pr_pro_pack_extended.htm
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved