|Page (1) of 1 - 03/07/12||email article||print page|
Mass Relevance Launches Companion(TM) -- Customizable Co-Viewing Product for TV Broadcasts, Live Shows & EventsFlexible, HTML5 Responsive UI Product Brings Real-Time Social Second-Screen Experience to Any Device; Check Out Companion in Action via Mass Relevance's SXSW Social Viewer at bit.ly/sxswnow (March 07, 2012)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/07/12 -- Mass Relevance, the technology leader in social curation and integration, today introduced Companion, a flexible, HTML5 responsive UI second-screen product for brands and media. Through Companion, producers and marketers can now enhance any show or event with relevant, real-time social content and visualizations -- delivered as a fully branded HTML5 web experience. Companion experiences are fully interactive, visually appealing on any device, and can be monetized via brand sponsorship to provide a new source of revenue.
The power of Companion is on full display with Mass Relevance's SXSW Social Viewer, an innovative guide to SXSW 2012 that is immediately available at www.bit.ly/sxswnow. Leveraging the new capabilities, Social Viewer offers attendees a new destination that captures the most relevant SXSW conversations in one place along with a real-time summary and visualization of what is happening that moment and that day -- regardless of what device is being used. The second screen experience for this year's SXSW also delivers innovative features like a photo wall and a #beer stream to surface any 'beer' and/or party related tweets.
"Attendees of events, shows, or conferences seek out a real-time social co-viewing experience that is available from their phone, tablet or PC," said Mass Relevance CEO and Founder Sam Decker. "Brands and media who want to own and monetize a co-viewing experience also need to create an experience that delivers relevant content and interactivity. This new product is an extension of our platform and integration modules to deliver an exciting, engaging second screen experience that viewers -- and sponsors -- crave."
The Rise of the Second Screen Imperative
In October 2011, Nielsen stated that 40% of smartphone and tablet owners in the United States self-reported that they used their devices daily while watching TV. Moreover, a January 2011 study by Yahoo! reported 25% of those who are using a mobile device say they are browsing content related to the program that they are watching. However, marketers, producers and promoters face real challenges in delivering second screen experiences today. One major problem is that many times consumers are not getting social content that is relevant to their television experience. Most web site experiences are not optimized for mobile, and the social experience on them is limited to one stream from the official account or comments application from one network.
Mass Relevance's Companion replaces social widgets and proprietary closed-ended chats and forums to provide a rich, interactive second screen experience that encourages participation, amplification and social following. Through Mass Relevance's partnership with Twitter, brands and marketers can now access every tweet and monetize social content through sponsorship of high-impact Companion experiences.
Companion leverages Mass Relevance's partnership with Twitter and is built on the Mass Relevance platform that has powered successful integrated social content strategies for media, entertainment and consumer brands such as Cisco, Dick Clark Productions, E! Online, E!, MTV, NBC Sports and Pepsi. Key features include:
- Aggregation: Producers and brands can aggregate all posts relevant to their show, event or topic -- in real time and at scale.
- Stream: filtered social content streams made up of Facebook and Twitter (more sources can be added on client request). The show or event producer can use the Mass Relevance platform to filter the set of content relevant for the event. This content is also interactive, allowing users to follow, retweet, reply, comment, etc.
- "Lenses," which allow the end user to filter the stream of content for specific relevance to them. This includes ability to filter by keywords from the social posts/tweets, but also for media and brands to create pre-set relevant filters for easy user access. For example, an event producer may create streams to show the conversations by track or topic, or pictures around the event, or where parties are located.
- The ability to provide real-time and interactive infographics below the stream of content. Brands and media can select two to nine modules that can be filtered data or content presented in visual format. For example, a geomap of where people are tweeting from, or real-time trending topics chart, a leaderboard of most active or influential participants, a photo wall, a poll, a leaderboard of check-ins and more.
- An automated stream or hand moderate featured tweet or Facebook post to be highlighted in the experience. For example, brands or media can use this to highlight announcements from the producer, such as what's next on the agenda or invitation to an interactive poll powered by Mass Relevance.
The experience can be fully customized to fit the look and feel of the event, show or brand. Companion doesn't require downloads or proprietary technology, and content displayed within a Companion experience can be fed into the website and venue.
The entire experience, as well as interactive infographics, can be sponsored, as a function of the unique partnership between Twitter and Mass Relevance, which allows content publishers to work directly with Mass Relevance to publish and display syndicated Twitter content, as well as directly monetize the content through sponsorships or direct response.
For more information, pricing and availability, please visit: http://www.massrelevance.com/.
About Mass Relevance
Based in Austin, Texas, Mass Relevance enables entertainment, media, retail, and manufacturing brands to drive real-time engagement through social curation. The company provides a flexible, robust platform to facilitate audience and consumer interactions in a relevant, moderated way that is proven to deliver measurable results. Brands using Mass Relevance include RIM, NBC Sports, Xbox 360, Samsung, Cisco, National Instruments, and Golden Globe Awards, and the company recently partnered with Twitter on President Obama's Twitter Town Hall.
The company is privately held with venture capital funding. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.massrelevance.com.
For more information contact:
for Mass Relevance
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Mass Relevance, Displays, Internet, Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Search, Filters, Social Media, Manufacturing, Manufacturing/Production, Manufacturing, Internet, Display, Prosumer/Consumer, Phone, Handheld PC/PDA, Broadcast Technology, USA, Marketwire, , Sports, Television, Games, Internet Technology, Game Technology, Entertainment, Sports,