|Page (1) of 1 - 03/08/11||email article||print page|
Mashery Hosts SXSW Interactive's Circus Mashimus LoungeFourteen Participants to Demo APIs and API Powered Apps at the Ultimate Geek Lounge (March 08, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/08/11 -- Mashery, a leader in API (Application Programming Interface) management and strategic services, announced today the popular Circus Mashimus Lounge is rolling back into town March 11 -15, 2011, at SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas. There will be 14 participants in the Lounge for Web application developers and designers to meet and demo the latest API platforms. This year AppCircus, a unique global traveling competition of the most creative and innovative apps, is also in the house to share in the fun at one of the premier conferences for technology and innovation in the world.
The Main Event
Mashery lives and breathes the world of geek and knows what trimmings to supply to make this an entertaining and successful lounge. Circus Mashimus will be the go-to online access spot to recharge with two dedicated Internet drops powering a bounty of routers and cables.
The Circus Mashimus Lounge is conveniently located in Room 3 on the first floor of the Austin Convention Center, next to the popular Screenburn Arcade, the keynote room, and largest panel rooms.
Special Events and Spectacular Side Shows
The Circus Mashimus Lounge is a magnet for Web application developers and designers. It's the perfect place for participants to attract buzz and network while showcasing cool applications and API platforms. This year, participants include:
- BodyMedia -- Pioneer in developing wearable body monitoring systems. BodyMedia multi-sensor technology provides validated accuracy, clinically proven outcomes and FDA status as a Class II medical device.
- CityGrid Media -- Connects consumers and businesses everywhere local happens. CityGrid will be showcasing the Places API and Offers API.
- Cohuman -- Keeps teams in sync by making information more people-centric, organized and transparent. Cohuman will be showcasing their API as well as discussing a new API competition.
- FanFeedr -- Personalizes sports feeds in real-time. Developers are invited to get a sneak preview of its upcoming collaboration with a fast-growing network of fan-centric online sports communities.
- Foursquare -- Location-based mobile platform that makes cities easier to use and more interesting to explore. Foursquare will be demonstrating the latest version of their API and highlighting its new features.
- GoBox -- Provides plenty of free cloud space for users and a new way for software developers to monetize their ideas.
- Hoovers -- Delivers comprehensive insight and analysis about the companies, industries and people that drive the economy and powerful tools to connect. Hoovers will be announcing a developer contest in the Lounge during SXSWi.
- Lulu.com -- Empowers more creators to sell more content to more readers more profitably than ever before with open publishing. Lulu's Publication API allows individuals and publishers to publish print-on-demand and electronic books programmatically.
- Quova -- Enables online businesses to instantly identify where a visitor to their Web site is geographically located. In addition to featuring location-power Wordpress application, GeoPosty, Quova will also be releasing information on its new developer challenge at the Circus Mashimus Lounge.
- Rovi -- Offers a range of APIs from Rovi Cloud Services that allow developers to quickly build and enhance products with access to up-to-date, relevant entertainment metadata, recommendations, search, advertising, recognition and related capabilities.
- SocialFlow -- Optimizes social media engagement to yield more click-throughs, retweets, mentions, sharing and followers. SocialFlow technology is used by publishers, retailers and brands to develop larger, more engaged audiences on social media channels.
- USA TODAY -- Through its newspaper, website and mobile platforms, USA TODAY connects readers and engages the national conversation. USA TODAY will be showcasing existing APIs -- USA TODAY Articles API, USA TODAY Best-Selling Books API and Professional Sports Salaries API -- as well as announcing two new additions to its lineup.
In addition to the participants in the Lounge, AppCircus will showcase 12 mobile application developers in the lounge selected from submissions from around the world vying for a nomination to present at the Mobile Premier Awards 2011 in Barcelona, during the Mobile World Congress. The developers will take the stage March 14 at 2pm CT to pitch their application to a celebrity panel of judges, including Jyri Engeström, founder and CEO of Ditto; Anoop Ranganath, lead iPhone developer at foursquare; Matthew Wilson, marketing manager at Rovio Mobile Ltd.; and Jim Routh, vice president of business development at Smule. Be sure to drop by the Circus Mashimus Lounge to hear about the latest and greatest applications straight from the developers.
Big Tent Lounge
To renew and refresh both the virtual and face-to-face relationships, the cushy lounge set-up is a comfortable retreat inside the cold convention center and a perfect place to hold meetings, hook up with new clients or old friends, check email, update your Facebook profile, Tweet and more.
And for the body and soul, under the big top Mashery will be serving the AM eye-opener of your choice -- coffee or a Bloody Mary. For the PM Tech Happy Hour, free beer and yummy snacks will again pull in huge crowds that want to get the party started.
Visit between 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM for giveaways, including limited edition Circus Mashimus t-shirts -- voted one of the best t-shirts of SXSW last year.
Mashery's API management tools and strategic services help companies connect with customers and partners in a changing digital world by extending reach across devices, markets and the Web. Mashery leads the industry with a holistic approach for API initiatives -- from setting platform strategy and measuring business objectives to the heavy lifting of providing and managing infrastructure to facilitating relationships with our 95,000 strong network of Web and mobile application developers. Having worked with over 100 leading brands to power more than 25,000 apps, Mashery's knowledge, experience and proven strategies enable companies to focus on their core business while driving sales, building new revenue channels and realizing faster time-to-market for innovative applications. Mashery was founded in 2006 and has built an impressive list of clients that include Best Buy, Netflix, and The New York Times. For more information, visit www.mashery.com.
(415) 963-4174 ext. 2
mashery (at) bordersgratehouse.com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: API, Web Applications, Mobile Applications, Application Programming Interface, Internet/Web,Business,Programming,Internet,Web,EMail,Social Media,Search,Marketing,Standards/Initiatives,Authoring/Programming,USA,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Sports,Internet Technology,Medical,Business,Entertainment,Internet,Sports,Email,