|Page (1) of 1 - 05/01/12||email article||print page|
MarkLogic Recognizes Partners and Customers at MarkLogic World 2012MarkLogic Distinguishes the BBC; McGraw-Hill Construction; Fairfax County, Virginia; Press Association; Flatirons Solutions; and Avalon Consulting, LLC (May 01, 2012)
WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 05/01/12 -- MarkLogic World -- MarkLogic Corporation, the company powering mission-critical Big Data Applications around the world, today announced the 2012 winners of the MarkLogic Excellence Awards, the Lindblad Award, and the Partner of the Year Award. The awards will be presented tonight at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C. Recipients are being honored for trailblazing through Big Data challenges with MarkLogic-based applications.
The MarkLogic Excellence Award is presented to three customers and/or partners that have implemented MarkLogic in innovative ways for a substantial impact on the business or organization. This includes, but is not limited to, new deployments, advancements on existing deployments, and added features. The Lindblad Award is named for MarkLogic founder Christopher Lindblad and is awarded to a single person within an organization who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to successfully innovate in his/her organization with MarkLogic. The Partner of the Year Award is given to a partner that has shown exemplary expertise with MarkLogic. The Innovator of the Year Award is bestowed upon a customer or partner that has adeptly created groundbreaking technology using MarkLogic.
"The winners of the MarkLogic Excellence Awards are true technology leaders," said Keith Carlson, COO and EVP, MarkLogic. "They are organizations that have built and deployed Big Data Applications that are having a significant impact on their businesses."
Congratulations to this year's winners:
MarkLogic Excellence Awards:
- British Broadcasting Corporation -- The BBC is the world's largest broadcasting organization. MarkLogic is the operational database for the most essential content in BBC Sport. The project gets information to customers in real-time on desktops, mobile devices and tablets, enables developers to build new features faster, and creates an improved workflow for editorial staff.
- Fairfax County, Virginia Department of Information Technology -- Fairfax County is reshaping the real estate landscape with a revolutionary application built on MarkLogic. The land data application allows citizens to access all historical land use data in the county. This is an invaluable tool for real estate agents who want to spot trends by neighborhood, for prospective and current homeowners who are researching property, and for the county to run its land use department more efficiently.
- McGraw-Hill Construction -- McGraw-Hill Construction uses MarkLogic as the database and search technology for several applications including the recently released Dodge BidPro. Dodge BidPro is a first-of-its-kind, web-based dashboard that pushes the most relevant and timely project data to contractors' desktops and mobile devices while helping contractors move through project selection and bidding faster than ever.
The Lindblad Award:
- John O'Donovan, Press Association -- As director of architecture and development at the Press Association, John O'Donovan was charged with rebuilding the content systems and real-time data delivery architecture to adapt to the ever-changing business needs of this global news, sport, and data service. O'Donovan selected MarkLogic to support this business transformation as the core business wide content repository to improve data and content workflows and drive a powerful and innovative publishing platform. O'Donovan is a widely respected expert who is frequently called upon to speak about his approach to enterprise technology and automating the content supply chain and has influenced many other organizations to adopt a similar approach.
Partner of the Year:
- Flatirons Solutions -- Flatirons Solutions is one of the most tenured MarkLogic partners and has exemplified technical and business astuteness by delivering leading-edge solutions to joint customers.
Innovator of the Year:
- Avalon Consulting, LLC -- Avalon Consulting, LLC is a MarkLogic premier partner and the companies work together to solve problems for clients with significant Big Data needs. In 2012, Avalon used MarkLogic to develop innovative platforms including a unified search and analytics platform, a mobile applications framework, and the MarkLogic Resource Library.
About MarkLogic Corporation
MarkLogic leads the advancement of Big Data with the first operational database technology for mission-critical Big Data Applications. Customers trust MarkLogic to drive revenue and growth through Big Data Applications enabled by MarkLogic products, services, and partners. MarkLogic is a fast growing enterprise software company and ushers in a new era of Big Data by powering more than 500 of the world's most critical Big Data Applications in the public sector and Global 1000. Organizations around the world get to better decisions faster with MarkLogic.
MarkLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley with field offices in Austin, Frankfurt, London, Stockholm, Tokyo, New York, and Washington D.C. For more information, please visit www.marklogic.com.
Copyright © 2012 MarkLogic Corporation. All Rights Reserved. MarkLogic is a registered trademark of MarkLogic Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: MarkLogic, big data, Applications, Database, Other, USA, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Computer Science, Business, Presidential, Other,