|Page (1) of 1 - 09/22/11||email article||print page|
Manilla Launches "Manilla Minis," Short Online Videos Designed to Provide Personal Finance and Organizational Tips"Manilla Minis" Offer Expert Advice in Less Than Two Minutes to Increase Personal Productivity and Reduce Stress (September 22, 2011)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 09/22/11 -- Manilla, the free personal account management service, today announced the debut of "Manilla Minis," a series of short online videos designed to quickly give consumers helpful tips and advice to make their lives easier in the areas of personal finance, organization, personal productivity and stress management.
Each "Manilla Mini" video runs for less than two minutes, so that any consumer will be able to walk away with a new skill or useful advice, regardless of their schedule. The initial Manilla Minis (Tips for a Lifetime of Financial Strength, featuring Linda Descano and Control Your Paper Clutter, featuring Monica Ricci) will be posted today and new Manilla Minis will be posted each Wednesday at the Manilla Blog and YouTube channel. Each video features one of Manilla's panel of experts:
- Monica Ricci, founder of Catalyst Organizing Solutions and author of "Organize Your Office in No Time." Monica was named one of the nation's 'Organizing Elite' by Forbes Magazine. She is a Certified Professional Organizer and she sits on the committee that created her industry's only professional certification program. A winner of her industry's highest honor, the National Association of Professional Organizers' "Founders Award," she appears frequently as an expert on both radio and television.
- Linda Descano, CFA®, President and CEO of Women & Co., Citibank's award-winning online resource that provides expertly written and edited content for women who want to improve their financial acumen. Linda is also a Managing Director in Citibank's Global Consumer Marketing and Internet Office and serves on the steering committee of Women4Citi, a global diversity effort to attract and develop top talent at the company. Linda has 17 years of experience in the financial industry, with particular expertise in personal finance for women and a deep understanding of wealth planning, investing and portfolio management. She earned her Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 2002. A prolific writer and blogger, Linda is a sought-out speaker and is widely quoted in print, broadcast and online media.
- Farnoosh Torabi, personal finance expert, author and TV personality. Farnoosh is the author of the new book "Psych Yourself Rich: Get the Mindset and Discipline You Need to Build Your Financial Life." She is a highly sought-after speaker and frequent financial contributor to both print and broadcast media. In 2008, she published "You're So Money: Live Rich Even When You're Not," a nationally acclaimed tell-all for young adults searching for financial independence.
"Women wear many hats and want to simplify their busy lives, especially when it comes to the complexities of their finances," said Women & Co.'s Linda Descano. "To make money management less daunting, we've distilled some of the content offered by Women & Co. into actionable, practical tips in our video series to help spark conversations about money and incite smarter financial decisions."
The initial run of "Manilla Minis" includes:
- Raising Financially Savvy Kids (featuring Linda Descano)
- Keeping Your Daily Travelers Organized (featuring Monica Ricci)
- Should I Buy? When a Daily Deal Voucher Is Worth It (featuring Farnoosh Torabi)
- Having the Money Talk with Your Partner (featuring Linda Descano)
- Organizing Kids' Rooms (featuring Monica Ricci)
- Best Ways to Boost Your Credit Score (featuring Farnoosh Torabi)
- Talking to Aging Parents about Money (featuring Linda Descano)
- Organizing Your Desk (featuring Monica Ricci)
- Saving for Retirement: How and Where to Start (featuring Farnoosh Torabi)
- Five Cardinal Rules for Entrepreneurs (featuring Linda Descano)
- Organizing Your Fridge (featuring Monica Ricci)
- 3 Steps to Clearing Your Debt (featuring Farnoosh Torabi)
"Manilla's goal is to make it easier for consumers to manage all of their accounts online, but we also found that our users were interested in tips and skills that extended into their day-to-day behaviors," said Jessica Insalaco, EVP & CMO of Manilla. "Realizing that we had a whole panel of experts that could serve as trusted resources for consumers, we created the 'Manilla Minis' video series to quickly provide useful information to anyone who may need personal finance, productivity or organizational advice."
Manilla allows users to manage all of their personal accounts, including finance, household bills, travel rewards programs, online and magazine subscriptions and daily deals. Manilla gives consumers access to more than 1,200 accounts within the categories of finance, household/bills, subscriptions and travel rewards programs. It takes just minutes to personalize and add to a Manilla account, allowing for simple account management.
Manilla is a free service that helps consumers better manage all of their household accounts, including financial, utilities, subscriptions and travel rewards programs, in one secure place online or via mobile apps. Under a single password, Manilla gives customers an automated, organized view of all of their account information, text and email reminders to pay bills, and unlimited storage of account documents that Manilla has seamlessly retrieved for the consumer. Manilla is a company incubated within and backed by the Hearst Corporation, one of the most diversified private media companies in the world, and is led by an executive team of experts and innovators from the finance, technology and consumer products industries. Manilla was recently named as one of Time Inc.'s "10 NYC Startups to Watch." For more information, please visit www.manilla.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1740412
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1740415
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Manilla, finance, save money, bill pay, clutter, credit card fees, mobile, app, iPhone, advice, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Financial, Television, Internet Technology, Internet, Email, Adults, Parents, Women,