|Page (1) of 1 - 07/29/08||email article||print page|
Make a Photoshop Brush in 5 stepsHow easy is this: designing custom Photoshop Brushes
If you can't get what you want out of the normal photoshop brushs. Make your own! If you haven't done it before, believe me, it's quite simple!
When you are working on a project and want something a little more unique....
Here are the five steps you'll need to make the brush your own.
1. First create a new project. Make is 100x100 and 72dpi. It can be any size, but this canvas will define the maximum size of your brush at optimal resolution.
2. Next I simply drew out some crazy shape I wanted, using a hard edge. make sure you leave the background white. (You can use anything you want, numbers, photos, brushs, logo, ANYTHING).
3. Under the Edit pulldown menu click "Define Brush Peset". The three little dots mean that you'll get a new dialogue box.
4. You will be prompted to name your new brush. Doesn't have to be anything special.
5. Now that we have created our brush. Select the brush tool and click the brush drop down. You may have to drag out the window a little bit to see all the brushes, but your newly created one will be at the last one.
Now create a new document and play with it! Have FUN!
John Haley is a freelance video effects artist, and demo artist. Recent projects have included creation of animations for many of Mattel's Sizzle Reels, designing motion slates, and animation of the Air Quality Index for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He has worked on promo, commercial and music video compositing as well. John is a graduate of Video Symphony's Motion Graphics Program in Burbank, CA. http://www.johnhaley.tv/
Related Keywords:tutorial, photoshop, creating custom brush, custom brushes, quick tip, john haley, append brushes
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved