|Page (1) of 1 - 01/21/05||email article||print page|
Magnet Media Presents The First Annual Zoom In AwardsLifetime Achievement Award awarded to Albert Maysles (January 21, 2005)
Magnet Media, Inc. announces the finalists for The First Annual Zoom In Awards, including Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Albert Maysles.
The winners will be announced at an exclusive event on February 4th, 2005 at Manhattan cocktail lounge, Mannahatta, where they will receive prizes provided by Apple, Wacom, Boris, The Edit Center, LaCie, Outpost Digital, Manhattan Edit Workshop, Glidecam, Tekserve, and others.
The Zoom In Awards are designed to recognize the talented creative students and professionals whose contributions to the film and television industry will define the "Future of Digital Production".
Three finalists in both Professional and Student divisions have been selected in the following categories: Best Editing, Best Cinematography, and Best Graphics/FX. And the finalists are:
- Student Editing: Christina Cingone, Claudia Myers, John Balkhi
- Student Graphics/FX: Ben Bumgarner, David Strick, Adam Baker
- Student Cinematography: Erika Rand, Ryo Murakami, M. Jason Mirch
- Professional Editing: Les V. Perkins, Pamela Scott Arnold, Christine Mitsogiorgakis
- Professional Graphics/FX: Roger Kriegel, Kristyn Hume, Vincent Tsu
- Professional Cinematography: Guy Roland, Ed Gutentag, Damian Acevedo
Finalists’ films are being screened by members of a select jury, including (in alphabetical order):
- Jake Abraham (Producing Partner: InDigEnt)
- Johnny Burke (Videographer: Iron Maiden)
- Kara Kaplan (Director: Graphics Dept.: NBC, MSNBC)
- James Gettlinger (Lighting Designer: Blue Sky Studios)
- Micah Green (Founding Member: Cinetic Media)
- Steve Harris (Bassist and Founding Member: Iron Maiden)
- Steve James (Director: Hoop Dreams, Stevie)
- Ellen Kuras (Cinematographer: Blow, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
- Edward Lachman (Cinematographer: Erin Brockovich, The Virgin Suicides)
- Ray Lambiase (Vice President, Art Production & Design: MSNBC)
- Jeffrey Levy-Hinte (President: Antidote Films, Producer: High Art, Laurel Canyon)
- Chris & Trish Meyer (Founder: CyberMotion)
- Richard Peña (Director: NY Film Festival. Assoc. Film Professor: Columbia University)
- Stacy Peralta (Writer/Director: Dogtown and Z Boys, Riding Giants)
- Adrienne Shelly (Writer/Director/Actor: Sudden Manhattan, I'll Take You There)
- Bart Walker (VP, International: ICM. Clients include: Tim Robbins, Ed Burns)
About Albert Maysles
Maysles Milms, Inc. has been a leading force in non-fiction film since the 1960's. Credited with the creation of "Direct Cinema," (a riveting, non-intervention approach to documentary filmmaking), Albert and David Maysles were among the first to capture life as it unfolded before their camera: without scripts, sets, or narration. Their films SALESMAN (1968), GIMME SHELTER (1970) and GREY GARDENS (1976) are among the all-time top documentary feature films. Maysles Films, Inc. has made more than three-dozen films. Their inspiration still comes from the drama of human experience and allowing people to be themselves. The films resonate with candor and authenticity.
About Magnet Media, Inc.
Magnet Media, Inc. produces original documentaries and professional education DVDs to creative people working in film, television, print and web design. Magnet Media’s two award-wining series, the Digital Media Training Series (DMTS) and Zoom In, are designed to suit the needs of today’s media professionals, educators, and students. Both DMTS and Zoom In have won numerous awards, as well as a wide range of industry praise and reviews, and Magnet’s documentaries have played to sold-out theaters at leading film festivals, including the Tribeca Film Festival’s “First Look” screening series, and have aired on IFC and the Sundance Channel.
To learn more about the Annual Zoom In Awards and other Magnet Media events, please visit the website www.zoominawards.com or contact David Courage by phone at 646-486–7109 x28 or via email.
Related Keywords:Zoom In Awards, Magnet Media, Albert Maysles, Lifetime Achievement Award, Apple, Wacom, Boris, The Edit Center, LaCie, Outpost Digital, Manhattan Edit Workshop, Glidecam, Tekserve, Cinematography, Editing, Graphics/FX, Christina Cingone, Claudia Myers, John Balkhi, Ben Bumgarner, David Strick, Adam Baker, Erika Rand, Ryo Murakami, M. Jason Mirch, Les V. Perkins, Pamela Scott Arnold, Christine Mitsogiorgakis, Roger Kriegel, Kristyn Hume, Vincent Tsu, Guy Roland, Ed Gutentag, Damian Acevedo, Jake Abraham, Johnny Burke, Kara Kaplan, James Gettlinger, Micah Green, Steve Harris, Steve James, Ellen Kuras, Edward Lachman, Ray Lambiase, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte, Trish Meyer, Richard Peña, Stacy Peralta, Adrienne Shelly, Bart Walker, DMTS,