|Page (1) of 1 - 07/06/11||email article||print page|
Magically Turn Speech Into Song With SongifyNew Mobile App From The Gregory Brothers and Khush Lets Anyone Create Music From Speech (July 06, 2011)
ATLANTA, GA and NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 07/06/11 --
- Songify, developed in part by YouTube sensations The Gregory Brothers, has launched today as the first mobile app that will turn speech into music instantly.
- The Gregory Brothers have teamed up with Khush, an app development studio that builds intelligent music apps, to enable everyone to experience the joy of making music through artificial intelligence.
- Songify makes it easier than ever to create a song; users can simply talk or record a clip of someone else talking and the app will take care of the rest.
- Songify makes it easy for anyone to magically create parodies, jokes or personalized songs to share with their friends, family or wider social networks instantly.
- Unlike other applications that simply use auto-tune, Songify uses patent-pending artificial intelligence and speech recognition technology to create a melody from the voice input before applying a layer of pitch correction.
- The Gregory Brothers, the music group behind online sensation AutoTune the News, are most famous for Bed Intruder Song, which was the most-viewed YouTube video in 2010.
- Khush, a leading developer of intelligent music applications, uses cutting-edge artificial intelligence to enable music creation for the masses. Khush's flagship app, LaDiDa, has more than two million downloads and 20 million songs created to-date.
- To see a demo of Songify from The Gregory Brothers, please visit: http://bit.ly/GregoryBrosDemo.
- To see a demo of Songify from Khush, please visit http://bit.ly/KhushDemo.
- Songify is available on any iOS device; to download the app, visit http://bit.ly/songify.
- Users can download Songify for free to receive three song styles at no extra charge; 12 additional styles will be available for purchase for $0.99 or less.
How Songify Works
- To use Songify, users can simply press record and talk directly into their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- The app will analyze the speech, segment it into chorus and verses, map it to a melody, align it with the beat and add pitch correction.
- Songify then plays back what the user said in musical form.
- Users can listen to the song in a variety of styles, including hits like Bed Intruder and Double Rainbow, and choose their favorite.
- Once the song is saved, it can be shared on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
- Users can explore the app by listening and rating songs created by others.
Attributable to Prerna Gupta, CEO, Khush:
Music is a fundamental form of human communication, one that even predates speech. Yet in the modern world, many people are intimated by the prospect of making their own music. Our intelligent music apps can help anyone with a voice re-discover the joy of making music. With help from the Gregory Brothers, Songify uses modern technology and AI to bring music creation to the masses.
Attributable to Andrew Gregory, The Gregory Brothers:
Songification, the process of creating a song from a non-song, is the rage that's sweeping the nation. We partnered with Khush on the "Songify" app because of our shared passion for making our homes, our world, and our universe far, far less boring by adding a bass line and a beat. Khush's software developments now finally make it possible to share this passion with the world. With the Songify app, anyone can now transform the most mundane malarkey into a catchy song.
Khush is an app development studio that creates intelligent music apps. Khush's goal is to help make music self-expression as ubiquitous as social expression is today. With more than 20 million songs created through its flagship app, LaDiDa, Khush's music technology lets users find their voice and express themselves with the help of advanced artificial intelligence. Based in Atlanta, Khush was founded in 2009 by Prerna Gupta, Parag Chordia and Alex Rae and is backed by 500 Startups (Dave McClure), the National Science Foundation, Georgia Research Alliance and Shotput Ventures. To start making beautiful music today, visit http://khu.sh.
About The Gregory Brothers:
The Gregory Brothers combine music, technology and humor to reach millions, and their unique, satirical YouTube series Songify This and Auto-Tune the News has caught the ears of the world. While they continue to work on making their YouTube jams, The Gregory Brothers now tour the country speaking at colleges, playing at rock and comedy clubs, and are in the process of making a pilot for Comedy Central. Their hit "The Bed Intruder Song" was the first YouTube video to cross over onto the Billboard Hot 100.
Inner Circle Labs
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Khush, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Music, Computer Science, Science, Email, Family, Other,