|Page (1) of 1 - 03/18/14||email article||print page|
Macworld/iWorld and SF New Tech Announce Finalists of Inaugural '6 About to Break' Competition
SAN FRANCISCO, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Macworld/iWorld 2014 and SF New Tech today announced the finalists of '6 About to Break'- the first-ever competition spotlighting the most innovative apps, accessories, software and utilities that are uniquely positioned to breakout into the Apple marketplace. The six final products span mobile, wearables, home automation, 3D and social media, and include: AppPresser, Everypost, Glyph, MotionPortrait, Petcube and ReKognition.
The '6 About to Break' finalists will battle it out in front of thousands of conference attendees and hundreds of media on Macworld/iWorld's Second Stage on March 27 from 4:30 5:30 p.m. The competition will be structured in the same format as SF New Tech: each company will receive five minutes to present, and five minutes to answer in-depth audience questions. During the event, an all-star panel of judges from Cult of Mac, Quake Labs, Macworld/iWorld, SF New Tech and more, will help determine the final winner. The overall winner will receive global recognition from IDG World Expo and prizes: including a kiosk at Macworld/iWorld 2014, free hosting from Rackspace, complete Kendo UI and Icenium full product licenses and support from Telerik.
More than 100 entrants submitted to compete in '6 About to Break.' Companies were rigorously judged during several rounds to identify the game-changing products that are positioned to emerge both as market innovators and market leaders. The finalists include:
- AppPresser: A plugin framework with a set of tools that gives you the ability to create a native iOS and/or Android app using WordPress. AppPresser brings the power of building native apps with WordPress available to everyone http://apppresser.com
- Everypost: An easy and convenient mobile social media app, where anyone can manage and publish content to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, tumblr and many other social networks all at once, from one placehttp://www.everypost.com
- Glyph: A wearable mobile personal theater device that allows users to experience all media with vivid life-like clarity and exceptional sound. Glyph combines a unique flip-down form factor, super sharp imagery and premium noise-canceling audio that revolutionizes personal display technology http://avegant.com
- MotionPortrait: An app that enables users to transform a facial photo into a realistic 3D avatar that can talk and mimic words. The avatar moves and reacts with touch controls and can be customized and sharedhttp://www.motionportrait.com
- Petcube: A home gadget that enables users to watch, talk and play laser games with their pet through a mobile phone app. Petcube comes in a sleek box that includes a laser pointer, wide angle camera lens, speakers and Wi-Fihttp://petcube.com
- ReKognition: A cloud-based open API platform which helps developers incorporate state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities of facial recognition, object recognition and scene understanding into their apps or software http://rekognition.com
"The constant flow of genius pouring out of the Apple ecosystem is the reason why Macworld/iWorld has partnered with SF New Tech to create an entirely new event dedicated to finding and celebrating the most innovative technologies," said Paul Kent, general manager of Macworld/iWorld. "The finalists in the '6 About to Break' competition embody the simplicity and ingenuity of the Apple spirit, while pushing the limits and providing us with a glimpse of future technology."
"Macworld/iWorld and SF New Tech are premier launching pads for innovative startups that are set to disrupt the market," said Myles Weissleder, founder of SF New Tech. "The '6 About to Break' competition exemplifies our combined passion for the technology market and helps to broaden the awareness of new Apple innovations."
Each '6 About to Break' finalist will be on display during the entire Macworld/iWorld 2014 conference in San Francisco from March 27-29 at Moscone North. Attendees can see and test the winning products, all of which will be showcased in Appalooza one of the most popular areas on the show floor that highlights unique and leading iOS and OS X apps.
For more information on the contest and winners, please visit http://macworldiworld.com/6-about-to-break. For the latest news on speakers, trainings and exhibitors at Macworld/iWorld 2014, visit our blog, connect with us on Twitter @MacworldExpo event hashtag #Macworld2014, like us on Facebook, circle in with us on Google+, and follow us on Instagram and YouTube.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's ultimate fan event for those who use, create, and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our exhibit hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. From home users, to artistic hobbyists and professionals, and the true TechnoratiMacworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place March 27-29, 2014 at the Moscone Center North in San Francisco with over 500 media and 25,000 attendees. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About SF New Tech
SF New Tech is the Bay Area's largest and longest-running event for people who can't get enough of technology. SF New Tech provides a unique platform for both young startups and established companies to demo their product and discuss their company in front of hundreds of local technologists, developers, VCs, reporters, bloggers, founders and anyone interested in the latest innovations. The format is simple: each company gets a 5 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A period to convince the audience why their product is the next big thing. SF New Tech is founded by long time Bay Area technology veteran Myles Weissleder. http://www.sfnewtech.com
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld/iWorld, the MacIT Conference, Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Digital Entertainment World (DEW), The Game Marketing Summit (GMS), Anime Expo, BlogHer, BlogHer Food, and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Mac, Android, OS9, OSX, Film, Music, Theater, Communications Technology, Business, Entertainment, Technologists, Other,