|Page (1) of 1 - 05/29/02||email article||print page|
Macromedia Ships Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MXNew versions incorporate ColdFusion functionality
The latest release of Dreamweaver, Macromedia's Web page layout tool, combines the features of Dreamweaver and Dreamweaver UltraDev and also integrates technologies acquired from Allaire Corp., including ColdFusion Studio and HomeSite. This is the first time a dedicated ColdFusion development environment has been available for the Macintosh platform.
The bulk of new features in Dreamweaver MX fall on the application development side of things. However, it does include several new enhancements in workflow and coding, as well as support for the relatively new Flash MX. Some of the new features include:
- New integrated workspace shared with Macromedia Flash MX and Fireworks MX, which includes tabbed document windows, dockable panel groups, customizable toolbars and integrated file browsing.
- New coding features, such as code hints, tag editors, extensible color coding, tag choosers, "snippets" and code validation.
- Support for HTML, XHTML, XML, ColdFusion, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP and PHP Web sites.
- ColdFusion development tools, including site wizards, code samples, reference material, Components, Web services and integrated debugging and tracing.
- Support for J2EE and .NET.
- Support for XML, including creating, editing and validating XML code and importing XML schemas.
Fireworks MX can automatically generate data-driven graphics by linking to XML content. It supports XHTML and accessibility options, as well as Roundtrip XHTML with Dreamweaver MX.
Click HERE for the LOWEST PRICE on this product!
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX runs $399. Upgrades from previous versions of Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver UltraDev and ColdFusion Studio will run $199. (Macromedia will no longer sell UltraDev or ColdFusion Studio as separate products.) Fireworks MX is available for $299. Upgrades from previous versions will run $149. The ColdFusion MX Server line runs $799 per server, with upgrades at $549; ColdFusion MX Enterprise Edition is $4,999 per server, with upgrades at $2,499. ColdFusion MX for J2EE will run $3,999 per CPU. Macromedia has also announced Studio MX, a bundle that includes Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, FreeHand 10, Fireworks MX and a developer edition of ColdFusion MX. It sells for $799.
For more information, visit http://www.macromedia.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Macromedia Ships Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MX