|Page (1) of 1 - 02/12/04||email article||print page|
Other new features include:
- Enhanced media format import support, including QuickTime, Windows Media, Real, DVD-Video Flash and various audio, still image and 3D formats;
- Customizable workspace, including Stage and movie in a window docking, as well as the ability to modify the Tool palette;
- Support for Flash MX 2004 files and components (comes bundled with various pre-defined components, including interface and media components);
- Sprite and channel naming for moving, sorting and tracking sprites and channels without having to rewrite code;
- Saves projector settings on a per-project basis;
- Integration with other Macromedia MX 2004 applications, including Flash and Fireworks, as well as Macromedia server products, such as Coldfusion MX and the FLash Communication Server MX;
- New reference panel for help.
Director MX 2004 is available now for Mac OS X and Windows. The full version sells for $1,199, while upgrades from version 8.5 and MX go for $399. For more information, visit http://www.macromedia.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the editor and producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Corel Painter, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Macromedia Ships Director MX 2004
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved