|Page (1) of 1 - 12/17/02||email article||print page|
Macromedia Ships Director MXNew version gains Mac OS X support, Flash integration
Among the main new features in Director MX are integration with other products in Macromedia's MX line, workflow and interface improvements and additional Lingo definitions and accessibility features. For integration, Director MX includes the ability to import SWF files, as well as native Fireworks PNG documents. It also gains the ability to edit Flash and other types of files using external editors simply by double-clicking them within the Director Stage or Property Inspector.
With Flash specifically, Director MX now provides Lingo control over Flash MX objects, as well as the ability to create new Flash MX objects in Lingo. It also gains support for Macromedia Flash Communication Server MX, ColdFusion MX, Java, Microsoft .NET and SOAP-based Web services. Other new features include:
- Support for QuickTime 6, including MPEG-4 streaming;
- New accessibility behaviors for create content for the physically impaired, including a Speech Xtra;
- Ehanced interface and workflow improvements, including a new Object Inspector, a split-pane Message window and a unified Scripting and Debugging window;
- New global Lingo methods;
- The ability to author projectors for Mac OS X or pre-Mac OS X operating systems;
- An Answers panel for accessing tips and resources.
Director MX is available now for Mac OS X and WIndows for $1,199. Upgrades from version 8.0 or 8.5 cost $399. FOr more information, visit http://www.macromedia.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Macromedia Ships Director MX
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved