|Page (1) of 1 - 09/17/04||email article||print page|
Mackie Previews New Onyx Live Consoles at PLASANew family of premium live sound consoles introduced (September 17, 2004)
Mackie team with Onyx 80
The Onyx 80 Series consoles will be offered in four sizes: the 24-channel Onyx 2480, 32-channel Onyx 3280, 40-channel Onyx 4080, and 48-channel Onyx 4880. All four models incorporate features that any hardcore live engineer will appreciate including eight Aux Sends with Stereo Link function for up to four IEM mixes; an Aux/Group Flip function; an 10x2 Matrix; four Mute Groups; eight stereo Aux inputs; and an optional rack-mountable redundant power supply. The master section and channel strip configuration are the same across the line, the mixers differ only by channel count and footprint.
In addition to the features set, Mackie invested significant resources to ensure that the 80 Series consoles are durable enough to handle pretty much anything that regular road use can dish out. Extreme chassis rigidity is achieved through a modular bucket design and the addition of several heavy-duty aluminum I-beam extrusions that run the entire length of the chassis. "Basically, a block of Onyx stone is going to flex before these mixers do," commented John Boudreau, product manager for the Onyx 80 Series line.
The Onyx 80 Series will begin shipping in mid 2005. The Onyx 4880 is currently on display at the PLASA Show in London, booth J80.
Key Onyx Series 80 Series Features:
Channel Strip Features:
* Premium Onyx microphone preamps on every channel
* 4-band Perkins EQ with hardware bypass
* 48V Phantom Power, Mic/Line, 100Hz High-pass, and Polarity switches
* 8 Auxiliary sends with Pre/Post switches
* Auxiliary Send Stereo Link feature for IEM applications
* Direct Outputs on DB-25 connectors (8 channels per connector)
* 4 segment LED level indicators
* Smooth, long-throw 100mm faders
* Mute, and PFL Solo switches
* Balanced XLR mic and 1/4" line inputs, plus 1/4" insert jack
Master Section Features:
* 8 Stereo Aux Inputs w/ 60mm faders, 4-band fixed Perkins EQ and 4-segment LEDs
* 8 Auxiliary Send Masters with balanced 1/4" output, 1/4" insert, Mute and AFL Solo
* 8 Groups with 100mm faders, balanced 1/4" output and ¼" insert, Main Mix assign, Pan, Mute, AFL Solo and 4-segment LED meters
* 8 Aux Master / Group Flip switches
* 10 In x 2 Out Matrix with balanced ¼-inch outputs
* 4 Mute Groups
* Balanced XLR Talkback Mic input with routing to all Aux Sends, Groups and Main Mix
* Dual 100mm Main Mix faders
* Phones / Monitor section with Solo, Monitor and Phones level
* Main Mix to Monitor / Phones switch
* Big pair of 12-segment tri-color LED meters dedicated to Main Mix and Solo levels
* Power Indicator LEDs for +15V, -15V, +48V and +12V power supply rails
* Rude Solo Indicators for AFL and PFL
Mackie, a LOUD Technologies Inc. brand, is known worldwide as a leading developer and marketer of high-quality, affordable professional audio systems. Mackie products can be found in professional and project recording studios, video and broadcast suites, post production facilities, sound reinforcement applications including churches and nightclubs, retail locations and on major musical tours. For more information visit: www.mackie.com. Mackie is a registered trademark of LOUD Technologies Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information please contact: Mackie
* 16220 Wood-Red Road N.E.
* Woodinville, WA 98072
* Phone: (425) 487-4333
* Fax: (425) 487-4337
Related Keywords:Mackie, PLASA, Onyx, Onyx 80 Series, sound consoles, microphone preamps, British Voiced, Perkins EQ, Onyx 2480, Onyx 3280, Onyx 4080, Onyx 4880, John Boudreau, Phantom Power, LOUD Technologies,