|Page (1) of 1 - 10/24/11||email article||print page|
MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge Presents "Changing the World: How Innovators Are Using the Web for Social Action"Discussion Will Highlight How Organizations Are Leveraging Technology for Social Good (October 24, 2011)
CAMBRIDGE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/24/11 -- On November 9, 2011 the MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge will present an Innovation Series event: "Changing the World: How Innovators are Using the Web for Social Action." Social entrepreneurship combined with technology innovations -- from mobile devices to online social media -- will be featured with discussions on how new strategies are impacting social change, including the most innovative web strategies being deployed.
The speakers for this important event include:
- Mike McCamon, Chief Community Officer, Water.org, a nonprofit organization committed to providing safe drinking water and sanitation to people in developing countries.
- Tiziana Dearing, CEO, Boston Rising, an antipoverty fund that uses an online model to end the cycle of poverty in Boston by co-investing with business in social capital, education, jobs and community wealth.
- Mike Norman, CEO/Founder, SoChange, a company using the Web to challenge businesses to drive more social action by creating "challenges" that pit consumer spending to a business's pledge on a specific social action.
- David Wagner, President and COO, Charity Partners, a VC-backed, for-profit company with a free fundraising platform created to dramatically increase critically needed funding to some of the world's most admired charities.
- The moderator for the panel will be Asheesh Advani, CEO, Covestor, the first online marketplace to enable investors to share and track their portfolios.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
5:30pm: Networking mixer & appetizers
8:00-9:00pm: Networking reception in the R&D Pub
MIT Stata Center (Building 32), Kirsch Auditorium, 32 Vassar St., Cambridge, MA
Forum members: $25, Non-members: $50. Students from all universities are free with college ID. Pre-registration is encouraged.
About The MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge (http://www.mitforumcambridge.org/)
The MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge is one of the 27 worldwide chapters of the MIT Enterprise Forum, Inc. The MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge builds connections to technology entrepreneurs and to the communities in which they reside. The Forum produces over 70 seminars, panel discussions, case studies and networking events yearly.
MIT ENTERPRISE FORUM OF CAMBRIDGE CONTACT:
MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge
PRESS CONTACT :
Barb Ewen (for MIT Enterprise Forum)
CHEN PR, Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: MIT Enterprise Forum, Innovators, Web, Social Action, Cambridge, Water.org, SoChange, Boston Rising, Education, Networking, Internet, Social Media, Marketwire, Inc., , Internet Technology, Business,