|Page (1) of 1 - 09/10/04||email article||print page|
MEI Releases New Versions of MultiBoxComplex multi-component ads simplified with new Plug-in (September 10, 2004)
Managing Editor Inc. (MEI), a Philadelphia-based provider of software solutions for the publishing industry, today announced the release of MultiBox Plug-in for Adobe InDesign CS and MultiBox XTension for QuarkXPress 6.0. MultiBox automates the creation of complex boxed ads that contain multiple graphic and text elements within InDesign or QuarkXPress for Macintosh and Windows users.
Used in conjunction with Page Director Ad Layout System (ALS), Classified Layout System (CLS), or Directory Layout System (DLS), MultiBox is one of the most powerful automation tools available today. It simplifies and automates the most complex part of the production process for real estate guides, auto trader books, catalogs, directories, or any publication that contains a mixture of display ads and multiple-element ads.
- A publication is planned in ALS, CLS, or DLS and decisions are made regarding run location of all ads in the book.
- The finished ALS, CLS, or DLS file is sent over to InDesign or QuarkXPress.
- MultiBox imports the document and translates all of the ad size information into bounding box geometries on the layout pages.
- MultiBox uses the details from the ALS, CLS or DLS runsheet about each ads layout and its multiple elements, and inserts all of the right pictures and text to automatically complete the full content of each ad.
- The finished product is a complete InDesign or QuarkXPress document with all of the ads and their parts fully built and ready to print.
MultiBox is available now for InDesign and QuarkXPress on Macintosh and Windows. Existing customers may upgrade for a fee. Contact an MEI representative at 215-886-5662.
Managing Editor Inc. (MEI) is an industry leader in the development of quality, proven software solutions for the evolving publishing industry. The Page Director Series of Advertising and Classified Layout Systems, K4 Publishing System, TruEdit Collaborative Workflow System, QuickSilver, AdWorks Ad Management System, PublishNow, and the Roundhouse Ad Tracking System deliver automated pagination and workflow solutions to newspaper and magazine publishers, as well as to other print and electronic publishing markets. Founded in 1990, the company was named a laureate of both the 1999 and 2000 Computerworld Smithsonian Collections. Managing Editor is a portfolio company of Adobe Ventures LP, the investment arm of Adobe Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: ADBE), as well as the exclusive distributor of the K4 Publishing System in the Americas. Additional information regarding MEI's products and services can be found on the company's web site at http://www.maned.com.
Related Keywords:MEI, MultiBox, Managing Editor Inc., Adobe, InDesign CS, MultiBox XTension, QuarkXPress 6.0, Page Director Ad Layout System, Classified Layout System, Directory Layout System,