|Page (1) of 1 - 11/28/11||email article||print page|
MEDIA ALERT: Inaugural HIMSS Western Regional Women's Conference Provides Unique Forum for Leadership Lessons and Professional Development in Wake of Industry Transformation(November 28, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/11 --
Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Western Regional chapters join forces to sponsor the first-ever "Women in Healthcare Information Technology Conference." Leaders from hospitals, health systems, payers, medical practices and technology companies are invited to the one-day forum designed to support professional development and networking and heighten awareness of emerging opportunities. Attendees will be inspired and mentored as they gain powerful insights and trade secrets from peers thriving in this rising specialty career niche. Orchestrating the event are HIMSS chapters from Arizona, Northern California, Southern California and Washington.
Program topics will cover:
- Establishing a sustainable career and review of emerging job opportunities
- How to create an innovative and focused organization
- Coaching: The intent, benefits and choice of methods right for you
- Importance of a professional leadership image to achieve goals
- Testimonials from high-performance professionals on career challenges and rewards
Health reform, regulations and public policy, and ground-breaking care delivery and payment models are among the colossal challenges influencing healthcare transformation. During these tumultuous times of transition, woman executives must effectively manage large-scale technology projects, finances and teams, and be knowledge leaders. To prepare for the next level of responsibility and remain competitive, leaders must invest continuously in leadership development. This first-ever HIMSS health I.T. conference supports their professional growth, explores new roles to meet the wave of innovative opportunities, and offers networking with acclaimed professionals.
The conference agenda's distinguished keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Connie Mariano, M.D., aka "The White House Doctor," physician to three U.S. Presidents, retired Navy Rear Admiral, keynote address: "Leadership Lessons Learned from the White House"
- Erica Drazen, managing director, Global Institute for Emerging Healthcare Technologies at Computer Science Corporation, "The Future of the Healthcare I.T. Industry"
- Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, senior director, career services, HIMSS, "Path to HIT Career Development" panel moderator
- Janice Hurley Trailer, 25-year corporate image consultant, "Optimal Impact: Building Trust and Confidence Every Day in Every Way"
8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. PST, Friday, Jan. 20, 2012. Includes meals and evening networking reception.
Microsoft Offices, 835 Market Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, California
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HIMSS, Connie Mariano, Erica Drazen, Women's Conference, Helen Figge, Janice Hurley, hospitals, healthcare, Networking, Management, USA, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Business, healthcare, Surgery, Physician, Discount, Medical, Computer Science, Science, Military, Medical Professionals,