|Page (1) of 1 - 03/21/12||email article||print page|
Logicworks Solves Big Data Hosting Challenges With New Infrastructure Services for HadoopNew Managed Services for Big Data Will Be Unveiled at GigaOM Structure Data in New York (March 21, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/12 -- Logicworks today announced the launch of its new infrastructure services for Apache Hadoop. This new infrastructure combines the value and scalability of public and private cloud computing, Logicworks' expert managed services and the performance and security of dedicated servers and enterprise storage to serve the needs of Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data clients.
Logicworks' new infrastructure services for Hadoop offer clients superior performance, peace of mind and improved operating efficiency. Private cloud hosts and bare-metal servers on latest generation hardware guarantee a consistent level of performance. Rather than utilizing shared network and mixing traffic types resulting in unpredictable performance, Logicworks' uses dedicated networking components and network isolation to improve communication between Hadoop nodes.
"Our clients find it expensive and time consuming to stand up and maintain high-availability infrastructures for their analytics systems," said Kenneth Ziegler, President of Logicworks. "Our managed Big Data services provide a turn-key, proven architecture which allows clients to spend less time worrying about their infrastructure and more time using their data for better decision-making."
Logicworks' infrastructure services optimized for Hadoop feature:
- Low-latency, high bandwidth networks that improve the efficiency and performance of Hadoop clusters with a superior network and dedicated networking infrastructure.
- Horizontally scalable stacked switches which allow organizations to scale Hadoop clusters on a self-healing, redundant network with stacked Extreme Networks Switches.
- Hadoop Distributed File Systems (HDFS) protocol is available via Isilon which includes all the benefits of their scale-out NAS architecture. Client data on the Isilon cluster will be accessible via HDFS as an over-the-wire protocol and by standard protocols such as NFS or CIFS, reducing resource-intensive importing and exporting of data into and out of Hadoop.
- Name Node Redundancy which is addressed by utilizing VMware-based private clouds to provide high-availability using vSphere Fault Tolerance to create a live shadow of the NameNode virtual machines.
- Latest generation hardware which is used in private cloud nodes and public cloud translates to improved performance in Hadoop.
- Dedicated inter-cluster communication interfaces provide network isolation with VLANs to separate Hadoop cluster traffic from other network traffic. Bare metal servers and cloud resources have network interfaces specifically for inter-node traffic.
- Hybrid architecture includes infiniCloud public cloud service, giving clients the flexibility to add resources to deal with changing requirements on-demand, while enterprise storage ensures superior data protection.
On Wednesday, March 21, Ziegler and Jason McKay, Logicworks' director of engineering, will present a workshop on Big Data in the Cloud at GigaOM Structure Data (http://event.gigaom.com/structuredata/) in New York, New York. Ziegler and McKay will share best practices for monitoring, configuring high-availability, storage, backups and other key strategies in managing these complex Big Data environments.
For additional information about the new infrastructure service for Big Data from Logicworks, visit http://www.logicworks.net/Applications/Big-Data or call 866-FOR-LOGIC.
About Logicworks: Logicworks provides cloud computing and managed hosting to some of the world's most popular websites and applications for clients including Dow Jones, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Orion Health, and 1-800-Flowers.com. Logicworks offers a range of solutions such as pay-by-the-hour public cloud service, complex managed hosting and enterprise solutions. Logicworks also provides custom solutions focused on content delivery, managed database services and compliant hosting. Contact Logicworks at 866-FOR-LOGIC or visit www.logicworks.net.
603-647-9338 ext. 244
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Logicworks, Applications, Storage, Security, Networking, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Cloud Computing, Services, Misc, Networks, Security, Server Hardware, Server Computers, Switches, Other, Business Intelligence, IT Management, infrastructure, Public cloud, Marketwire, , Business, Other,