|Page (1) of 1 - 05/16/02||email article||print page|
Logic Platinum Turns 5.1.2Free update adds unlimited undo, expanded Logic Control functions
Improvements in 5.1.2 span the gamut of new features. Aside from unlimited undo, the new version also adds the ability to use MIDI input from VST 2.0 effect plugins that are capable of receiving MIDI. The plugin must be inserted in the instrument slot of an audio instrument channel. In this configuration the plugin responds to MIDI messages sent to the MIDI channel of its respective audio instrument channel.
For owners of Logic Control, 5.1.2 offers a variety of new functions and OMS support. MIDI interfaces that require OMS to operate can now be used to connect Logic Control or Logic Control XT. New Logic Control features include:
- Logic Control now supports OMS (Mac).
- New option: "Touching fader selects track.".
- Support for X/Y surround editing available in Pan/Surround Multi Channel and Channel Strip views (V-Pots 5 and 6 in Channel Strip view). X/Y serves the same purpose as Angle/Diversity while offering an alternative representation in a X/Y system. When automated only the respective Angle/Diversity parameters are recorded and displayed in Logic.
- New EQ and Send Mute functions: In EQ Multi Channel View with Flip mode enabled, the Mute button will toggle the Bypass of the respective EQ band; in Send Multi Channel View with Flip mode enabled, the Mute button will toggle the respective Send On or Off.
- New Marker function: Pressing Nudge while holding down Marker creates a marker at the repective song position.
- New Zoom function: Pressing a Cursor Key while holding down a Zoom button scrolls the active window by a page. When releasing the Zoom button the previous Zoom status is restored.
- New Jog Wheel functions: Turning the the Jog wheel while holding Cycle enables Cycle mode. The left locator is set to the current SPL. Turning the Jog Wheel advances the SPL and sets the right locator respectively. Turning the the Jog wheel while holding Drop enables the Drop mode. The Drop-in locator is set to the current SPL. Turning the Jog Wheel advances the SPL and sets the Drop-out locator respectively. Pressing Shift-Scrub enables the Shuttle mode using the Jog Wheel.
- Improved Global View.
Logic Platinum 5.1.2 also includes new phase parameters for stereo delay and a new audio configuration command. The update is free for current users and available now. FOr more information, visit http://www.emagic.de/english/index.html.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Logic Platinum Turns 5.1.2