|Page (1) of 1 - 01/16/12||email article||print page|
LogLogic Caps Off a Strong 2011 With Another Outstanding Quarter, Extends Its Industry-Leading Position in Log and Security Intelligence; Also Hires Industry Veteran Mandeep KheraFirst Provider to Serve 25 Percent of Fortune 100, LogLogic Keeps Big Data and Cloud as Top Strategic Imperatives; Remains Only Platform to Scale for Any Data, Any App and Any Source (January 16, 2012)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/12 -- LogLogic®, provider of the only scalable log and security intelligence platform (LSIP) for the enterprise and cloud, today announced that it has extended its already formidable lead in log and security intelligence. During the year, LogLogic reached major milestones in customer count, scalability, and data under management. Capping a strong 2011, LogLogic also appointed security industry veteran Mandeep Khera as executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
Some closing highlights:
- Achieved bookings growth of 26 percent
- Exceeded an aggregate figure of one exabyte (1,024 petabytes) of IT data under management
- Became the first log and security intelligence provider to offer systems that collect IT data from over 1 million IT devices
- Remained the only log and security intelligence provider to deliver the scalability and performance required for enterprise-class handling of Big Data, providing data ingestion rates eight times those of the nearest competitor, and data search rates twenty times those of the nearest competitor
- Emerged as the preferred provider of log and security solutions for large service providers, as well as for enterprises logging cloud-based data
- Remained the only vendor to provide comprehensive support for VMware-certified log and security intelligence offerings for the enterprise, managed service providers, and cloud service providers
- Extended its technology lead in management of Windows-based systems, reaching over 250,000 deployments with its Lasso Enterprise Windows log collector
- Continued its aggressive expansion into Latin America
Highly Scalable for Big Data; Fully Adapted for Cloud
"The rampant growth of Big Data across industries and on all continents has created an unprecedented challenge for enterprises -- namely, to use that data not only for strong forensics and regulatory compliance, but also for real-time operational intelligence," said Guy Churchward, CEO of LogLogic. "More than 50 percent of IT staffers across industries cite log management as a linchpin in meeting those objectives. While many competitive solutions claim to provide log management, most lose steam the moment the data being managed by those solutions grows to even a few terabytes. On all fronts, LogLogic accelerated its efforts in 2011 to retain dominance in log and security intelligence, remaining the only provider to give enterprises the comprehensive, highly scalable toolset they need to meet the Big Data challenge -- for use by IT operations, Security, and Compliance."
"Big Data and the cloud have taken center stage as top challenges in the enterprise, and events in 2011 led many solution providers to rethink and rearchitect their offerings," said Mandeep Khera, chief marketing officer of LogLogic. "But LogLogic's innovative solutions are already ahead of the curve in addressing these issues. While other players in the space claim to be meeting these challenges, LogLogic is the only credible solution that supports these effectively. It has been a pleasure to join LogLogic and to hear customers relate their objectives for growth using LogLogic as a key component in implementing their Big Data and cloud initiatives."
As further validation for LogLogic's market-leading position in log and security intelligence, the company's LogLogic Virtual platform for virtualized IT environments achieved "five-star" ratings for features, performance, documentation, support, and value for money, in the December, 2011, edition of SC Magazine, a leading security industry publication. "It can handle an impressive range of data sources," said reviewers, citing LogLogic for "top value" and "very easy deployment."
LogLogic® develops scalable log and security intelligence platforms (LSIP) for the enterprise and cloud. As the originator of LSIP, LogLogic is the only provider to give enterprises the benefits of both Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Log Management in a single, highly scalable architecture. This architecture enables users to collect and analyze terabytes of big data generated by IT assets and gives security, IT operations, and compliance professionals actionable information, whether to identify and remedy security threats, optimize server and website performance, troubleshoot their network and security devices, or remain compliant with regulations. More than 1,250 customers worldwide entrust collectively over 1,000 petabytes of sensitive IT data to LogLogic. For more information, visit LogLogic on the web at http://www.loglogic.com/ or on Twitter or Facebook.
All trademarks mentioned in this press release are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: LogLogic, IT data management, log, logs, Marketwire, ,Internet Technology,Other,