|Page (1) of 1 - 04/26/11||email article||print page|
LiveCode Users Complete Android and iOS App Development Projects in Half the Time as those Created Using Java or Objective-C(April 26, 2011)
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) April 26, 2011
One out of every three new phones sold in the US is an Android-based device.1 As Android continues to grow in popularity, developers recognize the importance of developing for both iOS and Android, and also how to stay competitive by completing and submitting quality apps quickly. With this in mind, RunRev Ltd today announced the fastest way to create iOS and Android apps from one code base through the general availability of LiveCode for Android (following the release of LiveCode for iOS in late 2010). And the benefits of LiveCode stretch far beyond its cross-device capabilities, saving developers hundreds of hours or nearly two months in development time.
The results of a new RunRev survey of 670 developers show that they saved 51 days of development time using LiveCode over Java and Objective-C, while one-third of all projects simply would not have been viable without LiveCode. Following are some of the comments from LiveCode developers on their experiences creating apps:
- LiveCode is very easy to use and learn. I created my first Android application in just four days without prior knowledge of LiveCode.
- This tool is so intuitive and at such a high level that it tackles major projects with ease without the requirement of the learning curve of Objective C or even BASIC.
- If it weren't for LiveCode I would have had to use two different programming platforms to deliver my solution. Other cross platform tools were simply lacking significantly in functionality. LiveCode made it a breeze.
- With traditional coding practices, the project would have been abandoned.
- Very rapid application development AND upgraded features made it easier with LiveCode than (what would have been) possible with C/C++/Basic/Java.
- This was my first project using LiveCode, I would probably not have done the project if I had to use Java or VB.
Starting from $99 (£79), LiveCode for Android continues the long tradition of easy to use, feature-rich development software that enables individuals to create stunning apps for multiple platforms and devices. Whether developers are just starting out in mobile app development, or are seasoned software creators, LiveCode gives them the power to:
- Create apps from one code base that run on every major device and platform, while taking advantage of the many OS-specific features on each device.
- Realize commercial opportunities quickly by supporting todays fastest growing platforms.
- Use an iterative, compile-free coding environment to view changes in real time, resulting in significant productivity gains.
- Access a high-level language, with English-like syntax for writing code that makes sense.
- Create active prototypes, stunning rich-media cross-device apps, and powerful productivity apps for in-house use.
LiveCode Development Environment
The LiveCode development environment is a full-featured cross-platform solution that enables shared code across multiple platforms and devices. In addition to LiveCode for mobile devices, deployment packs include Windows desktops, Mac OS X desktops, Linux desktops, and popular Web browsers on Windows, Mac and Linux, including Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. LiveCode pricing begins at $99 (£79) for a one-seat, personal use license, with additional pricing options for various commercial and academic environments.
About RunRev Ltd.
RunRev enables the fastest path to better app creation through its LiveCode software development environment. LiveCode empowers developers to create apps from one code base that run on every major device and platformmobile, web, desktop and server. Using a compile-free coding environment, LiveCode produces apps in a fraction of the time of other development environments, and uses an English-like programming language to ensure more time is spent writing code than reading it. LiveCode appeals to both new and professional programmers, IT and enterprise developers, educators and individuals who want a robust yet flexible path to cross-platform apps. For more information, please visit http://www.runrev.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/RunRev/LiveCode/prweb8343407.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, computing and information technology, satellite technology, software, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology