|Page (1) of 1 - 12/07/11||email article||print page|
Liquid Robotics Attracts Industry Luminaries to Form Strategic Advisory Board22-Member Board Includes Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Scott McNealy, Arthur Money & Conrad Lautenbacher (December 07, 2011)
SUNNYVALE, CA and KAMUELA, HI -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/11 -- Liquid Robotics®, an ocean data services provider and developer of the first wave-powered Wave Glider® marine robot, today announced the formation of its new Strategic Advisory Board (SAB). The SAB will serve in an advisory role to Liquid Robotics' executive management team by providing key insights on potential customers, applications, and partners for Wave Glider technology that cut across the entire spectrum of security, scientific, environmental, commercial, civilian, and defense issues. SAB members will also advise the company on its ongoing product plans, and provide introductions and access to new markets and customers.
"This esteemed advisory board brings a venerable background to bear that will allow Liquid Robotics' Wave Glider to make a difference in all aspects of ocean-related activities by opening up new scientific, military, and commercial opportunities," said Bill Vass, president and chief executive officer of Liquid Robotics.
The 23-member board, headed by Dr. Marv Langston, draws from experienced business executives and former government officials with specific expertise in scientific and commercial industries and defense/national security.
"Wave Glider technology is strategically important and offers enormous possibilities to the government and the military, as well as to commercial industries like offshore energy production, telecommunications, and undersea cabling," said Strategic Advisory Board Lead and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, USDOD, Marv Langston.
"In 1960, my uncle, President Kennedy, announced America's intentions to put a man on the moon and bring him back alive," said Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. "Today, 50 years later, we know less about the oceans that cover 70% of our planet than we do about the lunar surface. I'm proud to be part of a project that gives us an unprecedented tool for understanding the world's marine environments, from the surface currents to the bottom terrain, in ways that have never been imagined."
Liquid Robotics Strategic Advisory Board members include:
- Albert J. Baciocco, Vice Admiral, U.S. Navy (retired); former Commander Submarine Group SIX; former Chief of Naval Research (CTO); former Director of Navy RDT&E
- Archie Clemins, Admiral, U.S. Navy (retired); former Commander in Chief, United States Pacific Fleet
- Joanne Isham, former L-1 and BAE executive; former Deputy Director for NGA and CIA
- Dr. Marv Langston, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, USDOD; and former Deputy Secretary of the Navy, Space and Electronic Warfare
- Dr. Conrad C. Lautenbacher, vice president, Science Programs, CSC, ATG; Vice Admiral U.S. Navy (retired); Administrator of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Roberta Lenczowski, former executive, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Arthur L. Money, former Assistant Secretary of Defense (C3I), USDOD; former president of ESL Inc.
- Cosmo Perrone, former Director of Security for the Port of Long Beach (CA)
- Dr. John Tozzi, Rear Admiral, U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
- Adrian Cockcroft, cloud architect, Netflix
- John Gage, former partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Dr. James Gosling, creator of Java programming language; currently chief software architect, Liquid Robotics
- Derek Hine, co-founder, Liquid Robotics
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., international environmental advocate & attorney
- Dr. Edward Lu, former NASA astronaut and renowned astrophysicist; currently chief of innovative applications, Liquid Robotics
- Scott McNealy, chairman of Wayin and former chairman/CEO of Sun Microsystems
- Rod Nelson, vice president, Schlumberger
- Karl Frederick Rauscher, Bell Labs Fellow; Distinguished Fellow and CTO of the EastWest Institute
- Thomas (Trip) Ray, energy software and services executive
- Paul Sallaberry, venture partner, Jafco Ventures
- Chris Welsh, Virgin Oceanic co-founder and pilot
- John Young, seismic expert formerly with ExxonMobil
About the Wave Glider
The Wave Glider is the first marine robot to use only the ocean's endless supply of wave energy for propulsion (no manpower, no emissions, no refueling). The Wave Glider employs a multi-patented design that allows it to cost-effectively collect and transmit data gathered during year-long missions, over distances of thousands of miles, or while holding station. Data gathered by Wave Gliders will help us address the biggest challenges our marine environments face -- including ocean acidification, fisheries management, and natural disaster mitigation.
About Liquid Robotics
Liquid Robotics, Inc. is an ocean data services provider and developer of the Wave Glider® marine robot that functions as a persistent and versatile platform for scientific and industrial payloads. Based in Silicon Valley and Hawaii, the company's Wave Glider® vehicle is enabling dozens of applications and missions never before attainable. Liquid Robotics is backed by VantagePoint Capital Partners. For more information, visit www.liquidr.com.
Liquid Robotics and Wave Glider are registered trademarks of Liquid Robotics, Inc., in the United States and other countries.
For more information:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Liquid Robotics, USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Space Science,Engineering,Business,Science,Military,disaster,Other,