Learning Using MoodleOpen Source Course Management System
1. What is Moodle?
Moodle stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment. It is the word to describe the learning philosophy of lazily meandering through something, doing things as it occurs to learners to do them. This is an enjoyable tinkering that often leads to insight and creativity
In the technical terms, Moodle is Open Source LMS. It is a FREE learning management system that enables learning professionals (teachers) to create engaging online learning courses.
2. Top Ten Key Items for Moodle
1) Social constructionist pedagogy
- It is the philosophy of learning that focuses on collaboration, activities and critical reflection. This “socio-constructivist” approach involves a strong “community oflearning” orientation rather than simply “putting courses and exercises online”.
2) WYSIWYG HTML editor
- It is the embedded tool in Moodle for users to edit text entry areas like resources, forum postings and journal entries.
3) Activity Report
- It is the full logging and tracking report for each student with graphs and module details (Access/Number of time read) as well as details of each student involvement like postings and journal entries.
4) Course Activity
- The course activity in Moodle includes Forums, Journals, Quizzes, Resources, Choices, Surveys, Assignments, Chats, and Workshops.
5) Custom Scales
- Teachers can define their own scales to be used for grading forums, assignments and journals.
6) Mail Integration
- Copies of forum posts, teacher feedback etc can be mailed in HTML or plain text.
7) Course Format
- Teachers have various choices for course formats such as by week, by topic or a discussion-focused social format.
- There are site management, user management and course management for different users with different access.
9) Moodle Module
- Each functional feature of Moodle can be regarded as a module. In general, there is Assignment Module, Chat Module, Choice Module, Forum Module, Journal Module, Quiz Module, Resource Module, Survey Module and Workshop Module.
10)SCORM and AICC
- SCORM stands for Sharable Courseware Object Reference Model (SCORM), which is a set of specifications that, when applied to course content, produces small, reusable e-Learning objects. A result of the Department of Defense's Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) initiative, SCORM-compliant courseware elements are easily merged with other compliant elements to produce a highly modular repository of training materials.
AICC standards apply to the development, delivery, and evaluation of training courses that are delivered via technology. AICC stands for the Aviation Industry CBT [Computer-Based Training] Committee (AICC), which is an international association of technology-based training professionals that develops training guidelines for the aviation industry.
Moodle has the SCORM/AICC Module which enables teachers and students to upload any SCORM/AICC package to include into the course.
3. Moodle Integration
Due to the SCORM/AICC module in Mooddle, learning content with compliance can be included in the Moodle course. User can use some external applications to create SCORM/AICC compliant course and then upload the content to a Moodle. The Standard compliance enables users to take advantages of both Moodle and external powerful earning tools.
4. Content Development Tools with SCORM/AICC Compliance
PPT2Flash Professional – Turn PowerPoint presentation to engaging LMS (SCORM/AICC) content
QuizCreator – Create Interactive Online Quizzes to enhance learning and track learning progress with support of SCORM/AICC
Rapid E-learning Suite – Complete E-learning Solution to create E-learning Content
Page: 1Click Here for Latest Version
iSpring Ultra (http://www.ispringsolutions.com) is a great tool to create e-learning content. Check it out!
Click Here To Make Comment
* DMN Forums * Audio Video Producer * Corporate Media News * Creative Mac * Digital Producer * Oceania *
Click Here To Make Comment
Must be Registered to Respond (Free Registration!!!, CLICK HERE)
Related Keywords:Moodle, E-learning, AICC, SCORM, learning,teaching