|Page (1) of 1 - 05/24/11||email article||print page|
Leading Post-Production House Uses Quantum StorNext Data Management Software to Increase ProductivityOptimus Creates Award-Winning Commercials by Leveraging StorNext in Multi-Platform Environments (May 24, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/24/11 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), the leading global specialist in backup, recovery and archive, today announced that Optimus, a digital imaging post-production company, is using Quantum StorNext® data management software to increase efficiency and productivity between its creative and finishing teams. Optimus uses different industry-leading applications to handle each video processing step when creating a commercial and StorNext serves as the bridge between these heterogeneous platforms in a shared storage area network (SAN) environment. Optimus sees StorNext's value of enabling shared storage on a daily basis, especially when it comes to managing the massive amounts of data involved in video and animation.
- Optimus uses StorNext software to manage high-performance sharing of rich media files between multiple applications, including Autodesk Smoke and Flame, FilmLight Baselight, Quantel eQ, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects and Avid Media Composer.
- Over 40 workstations are part of the SAN, where StorNext streamlines Optimus' workflow pipeline and allows speedy completion of multiple client projects, such as commercials in high definition (HD).
- StorNext is managing over 260 TB of data residing on six file systems running a combination of Windows, Linux or Mac operating systems. Optimus also leverages StorNext Distributed LAN Clients to bring Windows access over IP to the SAN.
- Optimus uses Quantum's Scalar i500 tape library to manage rich media files in a digital archive via StorNext Storage Manager.
- Autodesk M&E Professional Services worked closely with Optimus to architect a digital workflow solution that met the demands of post-production work and the challenges of multi-platform environments.
Knox McCormac, director of operations, Optimus
"StorNext touches every piece of our digital workflow at Optimus. It doesn't have any trouble keeping up with our demanding video processing applications, and that's what we were looking for in a solution. The shared, high-performance SAN environment enables us to spend more time collaborating and creating award-winning commercials. I couldn't be happier with what StorNext allows us to accomplish."
Janae Stow Lee, senior vice president, File System and Archive Product Group, Quantum
"Optimus is a great example of how many of the world's leading broadcasters, movie studios and post-production houses rely on StorNext to streamline their rich media workflows. StorNext is very well-architected for managing video as a file type and gives our customers an advantage when it comes to high-performance file access, sharing and storage."
- To read details about Optimus' story: www.quantum.com/optimus
- For more information on StorNext: http://www.quantum.com/products/software/index.aspx
- Follow the latest Quantum StorNext happenings on Twitter: http://twitter.com/StorNext
- Join the Quantum StorNext conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stornext
- Watch Quantum StorNext on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/quantumcorp
- Learn more about Optimus and its creative services: www.optimus.com
Optimus is a multi-faceted creative services company with locations in Chicago and Santa Monica. Owned and operated by five partners/employees, Optimus currently has a staff of about 90 full-time employees. The Chicago office combines a full-service post-production house with an in-house stage and production arm, while Santa Monica is a creative editorial boutique. As an integrated, collaborative team of directors, editors, designers, graphic artists, colorists, audio engineers and online editors, Optimus can deliver any form of video content, from script to finish.
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) is the leading global specialist in backup, recovery, and archive. From small businesses to multinational enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to solve their data protection, retention and management challenges. Quantum's best-of-breed, open systems solutions provide significant storage efficiencies and cost savings while minimizing risk and protecting prior investments. They include three market-leading, highly scalable platforms: DXi®-Series disk-based deduplication and replication systems for fast backup and restore, Scalar® tape automation products for disaster recovery and long-term data retention, and StorNext® data management software for high-performance file sharing and archiving. Quantum Corp., 1650 Technology Drive, Suite 800, San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 944-4000, www.quantum.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, Scalar, StorNext and StorNext Storage Manager are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum StorNext data management software and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such software, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 8, 2011 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 11, 2010. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: software file sharing, online archive, data management software, archiving software, virtualization, Animators, Broadcast, Management, Management, Digital, Data Management, Tape, Broadcast Technology, Production/Post, Software, Production, Facility (Post Production), Commercials, Network (LAN), Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, USA, Marketwire, Quantel, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Quantel, Computer Science, disaster, Other,