|Page (1) of 1 - 11/02/11||email article||print page|
Leading Analyst Firm Positions Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant for Operations Support Systems Among Communications Service Providers(November 02, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/02/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc.'s 2011 "Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems" report positions Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant. (1)
- Gartner Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular segment based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute on that vision.
- The report evaluates the capabilities of vendors that offer end-to-end multi-service and multi-technology solutions in the globally for service fulfillment and assurance operations support systems (OSS).
- According to Gartner, "the vendors that are leading the current OSS market possess the right mix of best-in-class, standardized products, adequate professional services consulting, hosting and system integration capabilities." (1)
- Gartner notes that vendors in the Leaders Quadrant "Leaders in this market have strong market presence and significant market share, most of them globally. All leading vendors portrayed in this Magic Quadrant have a comprehensive OSS offering and would still be Leaders even if they needed partners. They adopt a leading-edge position by offering comprehensive, pre-integrated, modularized TOMS suites. Beyond OSSs, all leading vendors encroach into the adjacent BSS and SDP markets. Leaders are well positioned with their current product and service portfolios and their strategies. They have a coherent vision that anticipates current and future requirements. Leaders may not offer the best solution for every type of CSP, depending on their business models and maturity. However, they have proven implementation viability and can achieve and sustain high-quality, low-risk deployments." (1)
- The full report, compliments of Oracle, is available here: Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems, 2011
- "With the increasing pace of new technology introduction and converged service offerings, communications service providers require an agile IT infrastructure that enables faster time to market for new services, efficient order delivery and a lower total cost of ownership. We believe our inclusion in the Leaders Quadrant in this Gartner Magic Quadrant report is acknowledgement of Oracle's success in providing flexible, open and integrated applications for service fulfillment," said Liam Maxwell, vice president, Oracle Communications.
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems, 2011," by Martina Kurth, October 24, 2011.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Consumer Services
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Business Services
- Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems, 2011
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than two billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, IT Management, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Other,