|Page (1) of 1 - 12/21/11||email article||print page|
Leading Analyst Firm Positions Oracle in the Leaders QuadrantOracle Communications Billing and Customer Management Solutions Well Positioned for the Communications Industry (December 21, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/21/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc.'s 2011 "Magic Quadrant for Integrated Revenue and Customer Management for CSPs" report positions Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant. (1)
- Gartner Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular segment based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute on that vision.
- The report evaluates the capabilities of vendors that offer comprehensive, end-to-end solutions globally for billing, charging, mediation and policy management -- referred to in the report as integrated revenue and customer management (IRCM).
- For completeness of vision, Gartner Magic Quadrants evaluate "IRCM vendors on their ability to convincingly communicate their current and future market direction, innovation, customer needs and competitive forces, and on how well those statements map to Gartner research positions." (1)
- Regarding ability to execute, Gartner Magic Quadrants evaluate "IRCM vendors on the quality and efficiency of the processes, systems, methods or procedures that enable their performance to be competitive, efficient and effective and to positively affect revenue, retention and reputation." (1)
- Gartner notes that "Leaders are vendors that would normally be included in shortlists for IRCM solutions for large and midsize CSPs (communications service providers) worldwide. They perform profitably, grow their revenue and have a presence in all major markets. Their functionality is above average, and their technology and scalability are leading edge. Leaders also engage in innovative projects and activities, carefully listening to their customer base. They are also engaged in understanding the underlying and emerging patterns/trends in revenue and customer management activities, and direct their R&D resources and investments accordingly." (1)
- The full report is available at Magic Quadrant for Integrated Revenue and Customer Management for CSPs.
- "Next-generation network technologies are providing communications service providers with new business opportunities and an ability to deliver innovative services to consumers. But to take full advantage of these opportunities, CSPs require sophisticated and fully-integrated charging and customer management solutions. We believe that our inclusion in the Leaders Quadrant in this Gartner Magic Quadrant report recognizes Oracle's commitment to providing open, integrated solutions for billing and customer relationship management that enable CSPs to thrive as mobile technology continues to evolve," said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Integrated Revenue and Customer Management for CSPs," by Norbert J. Scholz, Kamlesh Bhatia and Mentor Cana, November 29, 2011.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Unified Billing and Revenue Management and Customer Relationship Management
- Magic Quadrant for Integrated Revenue and Customer Management for CSPs
- RELEASE: New Oracle Communications Applications Help Service Providers Rapidly Launch New Pricing Plans, Enable Innovative Policy-Driven Charging and Simplify Network Connectivity for Data Services
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications,Storage,Business Issues,Hardware,Services,Software,Misc,IT Management,Management,Marketwire, Inc., ,Business,Other,