|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
Leading Analyst Firm Gives Oracle Its Highest Possible Rating for Vendors of Next-Generation Service Delivery Platforms(April 04, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that Gartner, Inc. listed Oracle Communications as receiving an overall score of "Very Strong" -- the highest possible rating given by Gartner -- in the firm's "Market Insight: Next-Generation Service Delivery Platform Market Overview and Strategic Scorecard for Vendors, 2012" report. (1)
- The report evaluates capabilities of the leading next-generation (NG) service delivery platform (SDP) vendors on the market.
- The evaluation is based on an in-depth study, which explores key issues related to seven SDP criteria: product and service, market understanding, product strategy, sales strategy, geographic strategy, market responsiveness and viability.
- In addition to its "Very Strong" overall score, Oracle received "Very Strong" ratings in the product or service strategy and geographic strategy categories. For product or service strategy, the report notes "most vendors score positively when one considers all the different product capabilities required to build an NG SDP, such as: network, third-party and OSS/BSS abstraction; service creation, orchestration and execution; common enablers; network and service exposure; and identity management." For geographic strategy, the report notes "our evaluation of vendors' geographic strategy is based on how many resources they allocate to specific regions outside their home region to support customers' NG SDP requirements."
- Gartner's report notes "NG SDP remains the fastest growing segment in the overall OSS, BSS, SDP market. Despite economic turmoil, the market has been characterized by relatively strong growth rates, with 11% growth worldwide in 2011 and a forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% for 2011 through 2015."
- The foundation of Oracle's SDP solution is Oracle Communications Service Delivery product family, which is an open, standards-based product family designed to enable communications service providers to take control of their service offerings and rapidly create and deliver new services across both traditional and next generation networks.
- Oracle Communications Service Delivery product family includes the following products: Oracle Communication Converged Application Server, Oracle Communications Digital Store, Oracle Communications Marketing and Advertising, Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller, Oracle Communications Policy Controller, Oracle Communications Service Controller and Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper.
- "Oracle Communications Service Delivery product family enables communications service providers to meet the needs of the 21st century mobile customer. We believe our 'Very Strong' rating in Gartner's report recognizes how our growing portfolio of SDP products enables service providers to rapidly create, roll out and monetize next-generation services," said Liam Maxwell, vice president of products, Oracle Communications.
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Market Insight: Next Generation Service Delivery Platform Market Overview and Strategic Scorecard for Vendors, 2012," by Martina Kurth, February 10, 2012.
Market Insight: Next Generation Service Delivery Platform Market Overview and Strategic Scorecard for Vendors, 2012
Oracle Communications Service Delivery product family
Oracle Communications on YouTube
Oracle Communications on Diigo
Oracle Communications on Facebook
Oracle Communications on Twitter
Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Sales, Applications, Marketing, Shipping & Receiving, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, IT Management, Management, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Family, Other,