|Page (1) of 1 - 01/26/12||email article||print page|
Latest Release of Oracle Communications Data Model Further Simplifies Service Provider Data AnalysisOracle Announces First Oracle Communications Data Model Adapter to Accelerate Pre-Paid Data Analysis and Improve Decision Making (January 26, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/26/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the release of Oracle Communications Data Model 11.2.5, which enables communications service providers (CSPs) to analyze multiple data types -- including revenue, customer, network fault and performance, provisioning and service activation data.
- CSPs are facing a growing data management challenge as global data demand is scaling at an unprecedented rate. As their customers demand a deluge of new services, CSPs need instant data analytics that enable them to act quickly to meet technological, regulatory and business challenges.
- A key component of the Oracle Exadata Intelligent Warehouse Solution for Communications, Oracle Communications Data Model is a standards-based, pre-built data warehouse with a comprehensive database schema. The solution maintains sophisticated trending and data mining capabilities, as well as a wide array of dashboards, all focused specifically on communications industry business challenges.
- The product provides CSPs with critical business insights -- such as customer network usage behavior, average revenue per user (ARPU), order fallout rates, dropped call rates, and marketing campaign effectiveness -- to mitigate customer churn and deliver highly targeted offers.
- In contrast to competitive offerings -- which are typically delivered as costly bespoke professional services projects -- Oracle Communications Data Model is a pre-built, extensible software solution, certified by the TM Forum, which can be quickly installed and easily upgraded.
- Based on customer feedback, Oracle released Oracle Communications Data Model 11.2.5 with many new benefits, including:
- Support for all forms of call detail records (CDRs) -- including raw, mediated, rated and billed CDRs, as well as event detail records (EDRs) and internet protocol detail records (IPDRs) -- to enable CSPs to better understand potential processing issues that can lead to revenue leakage
- An increase to more than 1,500 tables and 30,000 columns, which enables CSPs to store and analyze more data than ever before
- New order management reports and supporting analytics for Oracle's Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution
- Support for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 220.127.116.11, which can generate reports on mobile devices such as the iPhone and the iPad
- To accelerate time to deployment, reduce integration costs and risks as well as to provide an upgrade path for CSPs, Oracle is also introducing pre-built extract, load and transform (ELT) adapters for Oracle Communications Data Model. Release 11.2.5 includes Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control Adapter for Oracle Communications Data Model.
- The first prebuilt, productized ELT in the industry, Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control Adapter for Oracle Communications Data Model supports both standard as well as real-time data loading. The adapter also includes data maps for CDRs, EDRs, marketing vouchers and customer balances.
- These enhancements enable CSPs to process customer charging information more efficiently to deliver near real-time data for predictive analytics on potential prepaid as well as postpaid customer churn, ARPU and customer usage statistics. In addition, the pre-built integration between Oracle Communications Data Model and Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control unifies analytics systems for CSPs and helps reduce the time and costs associated with implementing an enterprise data warehouse.
- "Today, CSPs are often frustrated in their efforts to apply analytics due to the difficulty of obtaining data from multiple sources and fitting it into usable models," said Larry Goldman, partner, head of telecoms software research, Analysys Mason. "With this release, Oracle is providing an adapter product that bridges the gap between its charging system and its analytic platform."
- "Communications service providers are increasingly facing a data challenge and having the ability to process and analyze that data to make timely, informed decisions is more critical than ever before. Oracle Communications Data Model 11.2.5, along with the Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control Adapter for Oracle Communications Data Model, provides CSPs with the analytical capabilities and unified system they need to help ensure optimal efficiency and drive real business results," said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Data Model
- Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control Adapter for Oracle Communications Data Model
- Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control
- RELEASE: Oracle Communications Prepaid Charging Solution Helps Communications Service Providers Thrive Amidst the Smartphone and Data Explosion
- Oracle Exadata Intelligent Warehouse Solution for Communications
- Oracle's Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, iPad, Applications, Research, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Database, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Data Mining, Data Management, Data Mining, Other, Business Intelligence, Internet Server Applications, IT Management, Management, Internet/Web, Data Management, Business, Internet, Marketing, PDA/Smartphone, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Other,