|Page (1) of 1 - 04/09/12||email article||print page|
Last-Minute Tax Filing Is Free and Easy With TaxACT Free Federal EditionTaxACT Offers Free Tax Filing, Help and Tips to Taxpayers Who Still Need to File (April 09, 2012)
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/09/12 -- With just 8 days left to file tax returns, taxpayers who still need to file have an alternative to waiting in line, paying someone to do it, or buying expensive software. TaxACT offers all taxpayers a free and easy tax filing solution.
"Whether it be online from home or on an iPad® elsewhere, last-minute filers can do their federal taxes free at taxact.com," said TaxACT spokesperson Jessi Dolmage. "TaxACT Free Federal Edition has all the forms, tools and one-on-one help taxpayers need to file easily and quickly."
TaxACT is the only free federal tax preparation solution to include all e-fileable forms for simple and complex situations, including returns with itemized deductions, interest and dividends, business and self-employment income, and investments.
TaxACT saves time with tools such as Quick Convert that brings in data directly from last year's return, fast data entry options for W-2 and 1099 information, bookmarks and an extensive tax glossary.
Answers to tax and technical questions are just a click away in TaxACT's Answer Center or online at www.taxact.com. Free Edition users can also email TaxPayer Support Specialists for free help, or purchase phone support for the 2011 tax year for a one-time fee of $7.95.
Taxpayers who need more time can file federal and state extensions free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition. TaxACT's interview format makes it easy to calculate federal and state taxes. If taxes are owed, users can pay using electronic funds withdrawal, a major credit or debit card, EFTPS, or check or money order. Those who e-file can receive free email and/or text notifications from TaxACT when their extension forms are processed. Once they're ready to file, users can continue, print and e-file their returns for free by the IRS extension deadline of October 15, 2012.
Dolmage offers several tips to ease stress associated with last-minute tax filing:
- File your return or file for an extension by the April 17th deadline to avoid the IRS' late filing penalty. However, don't wait until the final hours of the 17th. Rushing often results in errors and missed tax benefits.
- Gather your tax documents and information before starting your return.
- Even if you file for an extension, pay your estimated taxes to the IRS by April 17. Otherwise you'll pay a failure-to-pay penalty plus interest.
- If you can't pay your entire balance, pay as much as possible by the deadline to reduce interest and consider calling the IRS to set up installments.
- Check for these common errors before you file: incorrect Social Security Numbers, misspelled names, incorrect filing status, and incorrect bank account numbers for direct deposit or payments.
- E-file. It's the fastest way to file and you can receive confirmation when your returns are processed. For the fastest refund, e-file and select direct deposit. If you owe taxes, you can still e-file and pay via electronic funds withdrawal or credit or debit card.
TaxACT Online users can prepare, print and e-file a state return for $17.95. TaxACT State includes all part-year and non-resident forms, free email help, Accuracy Guarantee and Maximum Refund Pledge. As users complete their federal return, data is entered into state forms, allowing users to finish and file state returns in minutes. Download versions of TaxACT State are $14.95 each, and an e-filing fee of $7.95 applies to each return (fee does not apply to NY returns).
TaxACT Free Federal Edition includes:
- All e-fileable forms and schedules for simple and complex returns.
- Step-by-step guidance, plus free and unlimited personalized help -- free tax and technical answers via TaxACT's Answer Center, online and email.
- Convenient options - use TaxACT over the Web, on an iPad or download the software.
- Quick Convert helps bring in data from last year's tax return.
- Time-saving tools - fast data entry options, Bookmarks, Stock Assistant, FAFSA worksheet, tax glossary with nearly 300 terms, and loan and savings calculators.
- Fast refunds - with free e-file, refunds can be direct deposited in as fast as 7 days. Refunds can also be received on a TaxACT Endeavor Card® Prepaid MasterCard® or used to purchase U.S. Savings Bonds in $50 increments.
- Maximum refund, accuracy and satisfaction guarantees.
- 24/7 status of e-filed returns - check the status of federal and state returns any time, anywhere on TaxACT's website, mobile site, or TaxACT Central, a free companion app for the iPhone®, iPod touch® and Android phones.
- Audit Assistant - step-by-step guidance just in case it's needed.
Online and desktop versions of all TaxACT 2011 products will remain available at www.taxact.com through October 2012.
TaxACT is critically acclaimed as a leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation software for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and free e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the 2nd most visited online destination for tax preparation services for the past six consecutive years(1). Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 20 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of InfoSpace, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSP). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
(1) According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 tax seasons.
(319) 373-3600 X2193
Email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: TaxACT, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Internet Technology, Business, Email,