|Page (1) of 1 - 01/27/12||email article||print page|
LOROM Announces Industry-Leading Line of High Speed Data Center Cables, Significantly Increasing Signal IntegrityNew Cables Based on LOROM's Patented E-MAXX Technology Are Available for View at DesignCon 2012 (January 27, 2012)
FREMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/27/12 -- LOROM, a premier manufacturer of high quality OEM/ODM turnkey products and custom cables, wire harnesses and PCB assemblies, today announced three new data center cable solutions comprising the industry's best solution for high speed data center cabling. LOROM has a long history of providing the highest quality cable solutions for Fortune 500 companies in the technology, medical and automotive markets. Today's announcement represents the first branded product designed by LOROM for direct sale and is the result of over a year of patented, in-house custom design work.
Data center cabling is an often overlooked component that can contribute significantly to both heat within a data center and losses in signal integrity. The LOROM data center cable products help eliminate issues with cables by providing:
- Extremely low Insertion Loss Deviation (ILD) and best-in-class Integrated Cross-talk Noise (ICN) through the use of LOROM's unique E-MAXX® cable technology
- A patented paddle-card design, optimized for signal integrity and mechanical performance
- Controlled wire management and termination processes, assuring consistent high speed electrical performance
- Low profile designs with very low metal content, optimizing air flow and reducing heat
LOROM is offering QSFP+ (Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable Plus), High-speed Serial Mini-SAS and Mini-SATA and SFP+ 10 (Small Form Factor Pluggable Plus) products, all featuring their patented E-MAXX technology and optimized for high speed data center use.
LOROM's unique, patent-pending E-MAXX technology is a breakthrough in high speed cable solutions and provides:
- Extremely low-insertion loss due to a unique skin-foam-skin, gas-injected dielectric technology. This provides significant performance advantages through increased system head-room, ease of cable management and smaller packaging densities.
- New, innovative PCB technology, designed specifically to optimize signal integrity including cross talk and launch condition between wire and PCB termination to optimize return loss and prevent or minimize "ringing" effects.
- A highly automated, controlled cable assembly manufacturing process using the world's first automatic soldering method, optimizing the critical termination between wire and PCB and improving overall performance.
- Compliance with high-speed electrical performance requirements in industry specifications. In addition, E-MAXX products exceed the stringent mechanical interface requirements as defined by applicable industry standards.
According to LOROM COO Henning Hansen, "The LOROM E-MAXX data center cable product line is a significant step forward in solving years of industry challenges. By providing 'best in class' signal integrity performance, increased densities enabling better airflow and improvement of cable management, LOROM is delivering peace of mind for data center managers."
The new data center cabling products will be available for viewing at next week's DesignCon 2012 tradeshow in Santa Clara, booth number 707. LOROM CEO, YT Yuan, stated, "We are pleased to be able to debut the new data center products at the DesignCon show and look forward to explaining their advantages."
LOROM is a leading provider of cables, wire harness, PCB assemblies and high quality OEM/ODM products featuring advanced engineering and high quality prototype-to-volume-production process management. For more information, please visit www.loromwest.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: LOROM, Marketwire, ,