|Page (1) of 1 - 01/05/12||email article||print page|
LAVA Supply Chain Solutions Upgrades to Infor10 Supply Chain Execution for Simplified Logistics, Greater Speed and Built-In Solution FunctionalityDistributor Positioned for Growth Through Elimination of Obstacles to Information Flow, Automation of Repetitive Processes and Ability to Deliver More Customer Value at Less Cost (January 05, 2012)
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/05/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that LAVA Supply Chain Solutions, a market leader in supply chain services, implemented Infor10 Supply Chain Execution to streamline its warehouse management functions. LAVA will use the flexible, web-enabled application to automate and simplify complex warehouse management processes, generating substantial time and cost savings. Additionally, Supply Chain Execution incorporates warehouse management with labor management, 3PL billing, transportation management, and other critical features to offer comprehensive functionality, without the need for additional installations or integrations.
Supply Chain Execution meets the diverse needs of LAVA's supply chain by providing all-inclusive functionality and enabling the flexibility required to fulfill individual customer demands and create new entities quickly and efficiently within the system. This adaptability, combined with consolidated data access, prepares LAVA to successfully increase revenue through faster information flow and effective management of new opportunities.
- Infor10 Supply Chain Execution encompasses the labor management, 3PL billing and transportation management capabilities critical to the success of distributors. LAVA Supply Chain Solutions plans to expand its use of Supply Chain Execution by incorporating productivity tracking, transportation management and billing in the future, which will generate additional business value from employees and assets without requiring LAVA to install or integrate supplementary Infor or third-party applications.
- Supply Chain Execution allows LAVA employees and suppliers to view inventory information through a single web-enabled database from any location, facilitating streamlined operations and communication throughout the entire supply chain.
- LAVA will now have the flexibility needed to add new entities quickly and effectively, enabling the company to operate as an efficient, agile enterprise and prepare for future expansion.
- Supply Chain Execution combines all warehousing data within a unified system to provide users access to consistent, accurate information within a single repository, aiding LAVA in the management of unpredictable shipment and inventory volumes.
- Enhanced barcoding functionality allows LAVA to enter millions of product serial numbers each year, enabling ease and efficiency in cataloguing the 50 to 60 containers of inventory received by LAVA each day.
LAVA Supply Chain Solutions Quote
"Infor10 Supply Chain Execution is an ideal supply chain solution because it enables us to add new customers and warehouse locations quickly and efficiently, reducing the time it takes for us to get the system up and running," said Dave Schroeder, vice president, Operations and Information Systems, LAVA Supply Chain Solutions. "As our company expands, we are able to build upon our warehouse management solution with additional functionality, such as transportation management, 3PL billing and labor management, without the need to install or integrate separate standalone solutions."
"It is critical for distributors like LAVA to have an enterprise system that they can depend on to help them make quick, informed decisions everyday," said Brent Forden, senior product manager, Supply Chain Management, Infor. "Supply Chain Execution incorporates the processes that are most valuable for distributors into a unified application with a single web-based data repository, which allows users to access data from any location at any time, creating a faster flow of information to enable smarter, faster decision making. Users get the data they need in a way that is easily digested."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor10 Supply Chain Management - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/
- Infor10 Supply Chain Execution - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/execution/
About LAVA Supply Chain Solutions
LAVA Supply Chain Solutions is led by executives with decades of experience in both third-party logistics and manufacturing industries. LAVA strives to be the most innovative provider of supply chain services by offering clients all-encompassing, dynamic and customized business solutions. For more information, visit http://lavascs.com/.
Infor is a leading provider of business software, helping more than 70,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, SCM, SCE, lava, supply chain, Marketwire, , Application Software, Business, Other,